Website Administrator / Junior Web Developer Job at Wombat Creative Limited in Cockermouth
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Website Administrator / Junior Web Developer to join our growing team based in Cockermouth. The right candidate will have a fundamental understanding of website content management systems and technologies with great communication skills and the drive to learn and develop into web development.
The main responsibility for the right candidate will be to support our clients via our support desk. You’ll be the first point of contact for clients requests, problems and questions. You’ll be responsible for formatting and uploading content and images, making minor HTML / CSS changes and escalating issues to our development team.
To evidence the following skills you will need to have either work experience, completed an academic module, or provide proven examples of your own work:
- Experience of HTML5, CSS3
- Experience of at least one programming language
- Experience of website content management systems
- Great communication skills and enthusiasm
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience of working with Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the Bootstrap Framework
- Knowledge of JQuery, MySQL
- Knowledge of Gulp
- Knowledge of Git
- Ideally have a developer related degree/qualification
- Be able to work effectively within a team
- Be motivated to learn and develop within the business
- First class communication skills – internal and external
- Graduate applications accepted
- Work with our clients to update and maintain websites
- Work with our existing team to complete various other web development related tasks
- Solving web development related problems
What we can offer you:
- On-the-job training and mentoring to develop valuable career skills
- Excellent career progression potential
- Friendly and supportive team-members
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Opportunities for external training courses
Consideration will be given to dynamic and enthusiastic candidate, who can demonstrate the ability to work within a fast paced environment, with the enthusiasm and passion to deliver great websites and support to our clients.
The salary for the role is; £15,000 – £20,000 (dependent upon skills and experience)
If you feel like this is the role for you then don’t hesitate to send a copy of your CV with a cover letter attached, to be considered for this excellent opportunity!
Please note that we do not work through recruitment agencies. If you are an agency, please do not contact us as we do not take calls or accept any curriculum vitaes or profiles from recruitment agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
We are currently working remotely and will not be returning to the office until some point in 2021 when it is safe to do so.
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Company: Wombat Creative Limited
Company Location: Cockermouth