Tutor – Youth Engagement Job at Dragon Recruit in Manchester
DRN provide programmes and qualifications in Traineeships, Apprenticeships, Higher Apprenticeships. We also work with schools to provide an alternative education provision for disengaged pupils.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an innovative and empathetic individual who will develop and provide skills training and activities for learners on Post-16 Traineeship programmes and the school alternative provision. The primary purpose of the role is to engage with learners who are not in education, employment, or training (NEET) through programmes comprising of classroom sessions, outdoor activities including community projects and fund-raising events.
The successful applicant will have the ability to differentiate and challenge all learners’ ability levels. Group sizes can vary between 15 – 20 learners whose ages range between 14 and 19 years old. As an Engagement Tutor you will help learners to think about their futures and provide some focus on accessible career paths, whilst creating progression opportunities for both further work-based learning and employment.
The role is based at Manchester with elements of travel across other centres, where required.
The Youth Engagement Tutor fits within the Youth Engagement Team reporting to the Operations Manager.
What we offer
· Salary up to £24,000 per annum
· Generous Holiday Package
· Contributory Pension Scheme
What you are responsible for
- To organise meaningful training and activities for learners, including trips and guest speakers in line with the programme.
- To plan and deliver progressive sessions that build on previous learning and provide evidence towards employability and personal development, underpinning any relevant qualifications highlighted in their referrals.
- Ensure targets set by the Company are met, these include; Learner starts, qualification achievement and progression outcomes.
- To ensure learners are adequately prepared and given the opportunity to progress onto higher level routes within a timely manner by liaising effectively with all route staff.
- To use in-house systems to monitor and maintain attendance levels.
- To identify learners who are at high risk of disengaging and implement strategies to prevent this from happening.
- To liaise with Schools, Job Centres, Careers Companies, including other referral support agencies
- To provide prospective learners with information on DRN’s programmes and services and assist in promoting and marketing learning programmes to employers and learners.
- To carry out meaningful interviews, inductions, initial assessments and reviews on learners to measure progress and identify actions and training needs.
- To provide mentoring support to learners on all routes.
- Be fully aware of the company Health & Safety policy and procedures to ensure that the physical environment of the learner during indoor and outdoor sessions is safe and appropriate.
- Be fully aware of the company safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure the wellbeing of the learners.
- To ensure positive progressions for learners leaving DRN Training.
- To carry out any related administrative duties required enabling the smooth running of the Engagement Traineeship Programmes liaising with all routes and Audit & Compliance department.
- To adhere to and promote DRN’s environmental practices.
- Any other duties as requested by your Operations Manager, which may be necessary from time to time.
Personal and other duties and responsibilities
- To actively keep updated with the company’s services and programmes.
- To develop yourself by attending courses, meetings, training events, workshops and seminars, in order to not only develop yourself but also the company.
- To demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills including report writing skills.
- To be highly self-motivated and organised.
- To ensure effective customer care skills.
- A recognition and regard for observing confidentiality.
- The capacity to work as part of a team.
- An ability to work on own initiative and meet set timescales.
- General housekeeping duties.
- To display North Wales Training’s core values at all times.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with NEET learners
- Good level of Literacy and Numeracy Grade C or equivalent
- Teaching qualification
- Creative and passionate for training/learning
- Ability to develop others
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- Ability to empathise with and encourage learners
- The ability to identify potential barriers to learning and to plan strategies to overcome these barriers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Excellent IT skills with programmes such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and go above and beyond as and when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative and meet set timescales
- Effective Customer Care Skills
- Willingness to undertake personal & professional development in relation to your role and business needs
- To uphold North Wales Training’s Core Values
- Hold a full U.K. driving licence and has access to vehicle
- Knowledge of the Work Based Learning Sector
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- NEET learner: 2 years (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
- NEETS: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Dragon Recruit
Company Location: Manchester
Job Category: Marketing