Trauma Informed Care Specialist Support Worker Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Tower Hamlets
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£23,970 per annum
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Trauma Informed Care Specialist Support Worker
Trauma Informed Care Specialist Support Worker, Look AheadCare Support and Housing,Tower Hamlets
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Trauma Informed Care Specialist Support Worker to join our Hackney Road Project service in Tower Hamlets
£23,970 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
East London Apartments provides 24 hour accommodation based support for up to 31 individuals with complex histories, multiple traumas, complex personality disorder(s) and a varied, disrupted housing history with experience of homelessness as well as individuals who have been diagnosed with severe and enduring mental health conditions who are under the Care Programme Approach (CPA).
- Up to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant area (e.g., psychology, Health and Social Care, Mental Health) OR experience in the social care/charity sector.
- Experience building and develop strong professional partnerships with external providers aligned to their specialism
- 2-3 years’ experience providing targeted recovery focussed support to individuals with needs around trauma, mental health, substance use and dual diagnosis.
When working with individuals with complex needs, who may display challenging, chaotic behaviours, regularly testing boundaries and have experienced multiple traumas as a result of abuse, neglect, years of street homelessness, or long stays in mental health hospitals, it is integral that the post holder is motivated to support individuals to progress. They should continually hold aspirations for individuals despite multiple setbacks, and display emotional resilience, able to process challenging incidents and remain motivated to deliver excellent support.
Specialist Support Workers within Look Ahead are required to have either an extra dimension of experience or a higher qualification level as determined relevant for the particular post.
You will provide information, social inclusion and vocational opportunities to support people to recover and stay well; exercise choice and control in their care and lives; and participate on an equal footing in the community. Provision of care and support is also provided to develop a model of re-enablement towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support. Post holders will deliver trauma informed and asset based support to a caseload of up to 6 service users with needs aligned to their specialism – caseload is subject to change depending on the service needs.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and external partners, creating a positive atmosphere
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Key-working the most complex service-users with particular needs aligned with the post holder’s specialism – Trauma informed Care
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Embraces a Psychologically Informed approach
- Is capable of maintaining unconditional positive regard
- Views challenging behaviour as a support need.
- A strong specialist support worker with excellent interpersonal skills
- Socially adept, networks widely, well connected in sector, influential
- Approachable, open & professional behaviour
- At ease in directing others, is assertive and independent minded, will challenge others, and skilled in resolving conflict
- Drives change, enjoys dynamic diverse environments and demonstrates entrepreneurialism, creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs, you will not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Tower Hamlets