Trainee Quality Engineer Job at Magnox Ltd – in Didcot
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to develop a career in quality and assurance. We are seeking an individual who is pro-active, well organised, an effective communicator and who has an eye for detail that can bring their project support knowledge and skills (preferably from another highly regulated sector), to further develop and innovate our offering to the business.”
- Provide specialist quality and management system support to projects
- Provide specialist support advice and assist with the development and implementation of project management plans and supporting quality plans.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of local management system arrangements to meet project requirements.
- Assist with the development and implementation of project self-monitoring plans.
- Act as a focal point for the co-ordination of independent assessments relating to the areas supported.
- Assist with the definition of effective corrective and preventive actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to A-Level standard
- Formal quality management qualification to at least NVQ L3 level (Desirable)
- Member of a relevant professional institute (Desirable)
- Certificate in Environmental Management / Safety / QA (Desirable)
- An understanding of Quality Management principles & processes (Essential)
- Experience of working in a regulated industry (Desirable)
- An understanding of the importance of quality in relation to nuclear safety and waste management (Desirable)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
- 5 day working week (full-time hours)
- 25 days (equivalent) annual leave – option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires BPSS clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included, and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Reference ID: HAR03324
Application deadline: 04/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,219.00-£46,779.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Company: Magnox Ltd –
Company Location: Didcot