Trainee Lifeguard Jobs in Ayr – Scotland at Haven
Title: Trainee Lifeguard
Location: Ayr – Scotland
Category: Hospitality/Catering, Outdoor/Nature/Animal
Would you like a career working for one of The Times Best Big Company in the UK? Haven are currently recruiting for Trainee Lifeguards to join our Sports & Leisure Team. We describe our Team’s as ‘bright and breezy’ living by our values ‘dare to care’, ‘yes I can’, ‘keep it simple’, ‘make it fun’ and ‘do the right thing’ for our guests.
Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime. With a great selection of indoor and outdoor activities available, Haven is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Activities and Leisure teams play a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, embracing a ‘breath of fresh air’ culture with our guests at the heart of everything we do.
Safeguarding is one of our business priorities. Our
teams are committed to providing a safe and secure environment and promoting
the welfare of children and young or vulnerable adults. Key responsibilities will be:
• Provide a safe and secure environment for all guests whilst using our pool areas.
• To be guest focused & provide a first-class service to all our guests.
• Ensure strict health and safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure all work areas are presented and managed to the highest level at all times.
• Ensure all chemical & cleaning materials issued are stored safely & used within COSHH guidelines.
• Ensuring all internal & statuary obligations are met.
• Complying with Park rules at all times. Qualifications and
(Full training can be provided) Please do not worry if you do not have a current NPLQ….if you have the right attitude & ability we would be delighted to train you to gain this qualification. Pre-requisites for our Lifeguard course: (We may require you to complete a swim test prior to being offered a place on the course)
• Candidates must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
• Able to swim a minimum of 100 metres on their back and front continuously.
• Able to swim 50 metres in 60 seconds.
• Able to dive to a depth of 3 metres.
• Able to swim efficient breaststroke and have some knowledge of sidestroke.
• In order to perform lifeguard duties candidates must be physically fit, have good vision and hearing, be mentally alert and self-disciplined. Additional training courses & qualifications will be arranged for the successful candidate dependant on requirements. This role requires the successful candidate to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Due to the qualifications and training provided the successful candidate must be 16 years and over.
The Benefits of working with us:
Join us for the summer, with the potential to become
permanent at the end of the year, we also have many permanent roles on
offer too. Competitive rates of pay Accommodation available in many of our parks if you don’t
live locally 50% off food in our restaurants and take away every shift you
work Regular team incentives with great rewards Opportunity to earn £300 or more when you refer a friend to
join our great team Holidays
Discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlins
& Warner Hotels 20%
off in our shops and venues Free
use of Pool, Gyms and many other Leisure facilities Funded
qualification development opportunities from Level 2 t…