Toddler Room Leader Job at Serendipitys Day Nursery in Nottingham
Room Leader (room head)
4 or 4.5 days days per week, 8am-6pm
We are adhering to all current Health and Safety and Government guidelines with regards to the Covid19 risk assessment. All Serendipity’s nurseries are Covid secure.
Due to an increase in demand, our fantastic Nursery in Bingham is filling up fast, therefore we need a Level 3 qualified leader for our newly refurbished Toddler Room. Our ideal candidate is looking for a challenging role, we care about our staff as much as we care about our children. We aspire to grow our nursery and our staff will grow with it.
Our Bingham Nursery has undergone some big changes in the last year, we acquired the building next door which is now a dedicated Forest School and pre school area. We have a lovely outdoor space and cabin for Forest School.
Serendipitys are a well established small nursery chain with over 20 years experience where we promise to care about each child with the same love and support they receive at home.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Toddler Room Leader/head
- You will be responsible for making sure that all children remain safe and that their welfare is promoted, especially now ensuring we are Covid secure.
- You will also take on the role of key person for a group of children, and, through effective observations, assessment and planning, supporting their rapid progress towards the Early Learning Goals.
- Leading and managing the staff team within the room on a day-to-day basis.
Safeguarding children and ensuring excellent, high quality care and learning, taking an active role within the management team and demonstrating a positive attitude to all.
In return offer excellent on-going training and progression and you will be part of a team who are really dedicated to their work within early years.
- You must hold a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification (NVQ 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development)
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of caring for children aged 0-5 in a room leader position
- Current DBS updates is very helpful
- Experience as a Level 3 Early Years Practitioner (Nursery Nurse)
- An understanding of how children learn, and the early learning goals
- A passion to provide high quality childcare
- A positive approach to your own professional development
- Good written and verbal skills – for report writing, maintaining written records and sharing information with parents and colleagues.
- Strong leadership skills and communication is a key factor
- An ability to plan and prepare exciting and challenging activities for individual children and for groups of children; to promote their learning
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confidence, commitment, enthusiasm and warmth – ensuring the children get the best care and start to their early learning
- An ability to work as part of a team
To apply for the job please email your CV to us.
We are committed to safeguarding children and because of the nature of this post, it is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, therefore applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the Act
Bingham is commutable from: Cotgrave, Nottingham, Lowdham, Bottesford, Grantham, Melton Mowbray, West Bridgeford, East Bridgeford, Clifton, Newark.
Reference ID: KM/Bingham/Room head
Application Deadline: 04/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
At the moment parents are not entering the building, extra hygiene and cleaning.
- Childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nursery: 3 years (Preferred)
Company: Serendipitys Day Nursery
Company Location: Nottingham