Technical Operations Engineer – Global Services Job at NTT Ltd in England
Your role will be part of a globally distributed team responsible for monitoring and managing production environments that deliver application services to internal stakeholders. As a Technical Operations Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting multiple platform infrastructures & application monitoring by delivering and maintaining IT system event management, monitoring, and incident mitigation and remediation capabilities. You will work in cooperation with Operations and Engineering staff ensuring platform reliability and resiliency are aligned with operational needs and change events.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of global cloud-based production systems.
- Participate in incident response. On call support may be required after normal business work hours and on the weekends.
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Proactively monitor systems, network and applications and provide input to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems.
- Lead and mentor Associate Techops engineer during shift roster and action as escalation point.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability, and availability of our infrastructure.
- Handle all escalations on systems, network, and applications.
- Work with development and operations teams to ensure smooth operation of all platform services.
- Work with vendors and service providers to resolve issues as needed.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 – 6 years hands-on experience working with cloud-based infrastructure & application deployment using Azure and AWS (Certifications preferred but not mandatory) as well as on RHEL/CentOS Linux administration.
- 3 – 4 years hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Splunk cluster and automation tools like Salt and Puppet.
- 2 – 3 years scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages (bash, python), as well as in handling backup and BCP/DR solution. Experience in oracle database administration would be an advantage.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in platform monitoring tools like Grafana, Promethus and EM7.
- Strong experience in analysing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues.
- Expert knowledge in understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong multi-tasking skills.
- ITIL Foundation Trained and Certificated.
- Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written).
Company: NTT Ltd
Company Location: England