Team Manager – Community Learning Disability Team Job at Bridgend County Borough Council – in Bridgend
Posting date: 10 June 2021
Salary: £44,863 to £45,859 per year
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 10 July 2021
Location: Bridgend, CF31 4WB
Company: Bridgend County Borough Council
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: 11924_CBC
Team Manager – Community Learning Disability Team
37 Hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an assessment and care management team who plan and coordinate the support plans for people with a Learning Disability and their Families using a person centred and strength based approach. It will involve close collaboration with health and other partners to continue improving and developing joint working arrangements. Also you will play a key role in leading the directorate’s remodelling program which includes further developing social work practice and the preventative approach to service development. You will have proven ability to:
- Manage and lead people in a climate of change;
- Manage workflow in a busy environment;
- Ensure and support the effective performance of team members;
- Set performance measures and quality assurance targets;
- Manage budgets and monitor expenditure on support plans
- Develop professional relationships within the Council and across agency boundaries;
- Respond promptly and sensitively to people who use services and their families;
- Understand the development of services as they pertain to the rights of people with a learning disability and their families.
- Understand and implement key legislation relevant in this area
If you have a professional qualification in Social Work with a minimum of five years post-qualification experience and a desire to be part of and develop a quality service, we would like to hear from you.
Protecting children, young people or adults at risk is a core responsibility of all council employees.
Applicants should note that a criminal records check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) will be necessary for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Click here for the Job Description & Person Specification
To apply for this job click ‘Apply Online’
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
Company: Bridgend County Borough Council –
Company Location: Bridgend