Team Lead Mechanical CAD Engineer Job at Aggreko, LLC in Glasgow
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Team Lead Mechanical CAD Engineer is to lead a team of in house CAD resource and contract staff to deliver on time and to agreed KPI metrics drawings and documentation to the appropriate function.
The role is to support the CAD/drafting function with expertise within the CAD 3D modelling and drawing environment. Understanding the tools processes and workflows to maintain delivery within the PLM and 3M systems
The role will be to coach and mentor the CAD/Drafting team in the systems and process to produce high standards of work.
The role will be to identify and manage issues within the CAD section and resolve in a timely manner. Understand when to take positive action and when to escalate to the Mechanical Engineering Manager
The role is to act as subject matter expert in the drawing layout, tolerance standards and implementation of geometrical tolerancing.
The role demands that the candidate has significant track record of developing and delivering drawings/3D models to a very high standard and can motivate and drive through efficiencies under tight deadlines
Be accountable for the resource balance against workloads, Support the ECR/POC process and deliver the functions resource capability to the resource capacity planning lead.
We’re Dynamic & Innovative.
- Take ownership of the team and support/coach mentor and undertake 1-2-1’s. Understand the skills needed to perform roles and develop the team to perform its function efficiently and to a high standard.
- Undertake and derive work related goals and maintain development plans for the team.
- Take ownership, as a professional engineer, for the provision of 3D CAD modelling/drawing creation to assist the design of new and existing products to improve their performance, operating efficiency, ease of manufacture, total cost of ownership, new needs in the market, maintainability, reliability, control, packaging or environmental qualities, or to extend the product range.
- Agree priorities and milestones with Engineering Manager – Mechanical. Plan and drive each task/project to complete to specification and on time. Report regularly on progress and future timescale to project leaders and the Engineering Manager – Mechanical.
- Utilise specified working and reporting methods to maximise reliability and accuracy of results in the drafting and 3D CAD/Process and standards.
- Work with Engineering and project leaders as part of project teams to optimise the design new products and product modifications.
- As part of the New Product Development processes assist with reviews, project stage-gates and controlled Engineering Change and Release.
- Work with key suppliers to ensure that the best use is made of available processes and system.
- Support and maintain CREO systems and supporting PLM systems for the team.
- Supports the improvement of HSE performance via product design and operational guidance ensuring safety is given top priority. Assists the Risk Assessment process for design and field issues. Provide technical input to Global HSE team as required
- As a member of the team, contribute to the future development plans and strategy for existing products and potential new product ranges.
- Prepare and maintain full records and documentation of engineering and ensure that any work delegated elsewhere has been fully documented
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
Company: Aggreko, LLC
Company Location: Glasgow