Teacher Job at Dar Ul Madinah Islamic Primary School in Blackburn
SUMMARY OF MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the day to day running of Dar-ul-Madinah Year 3 Class.To provide vision, leadership and management for the Year 3 class, which secures success. To ensure continual improvement and high quality, engaging and fulfilling education within the classroom and further development in standards of teaching, learning and achievement in accordance with statutory requirements and the Every Child Matters agenda.
On a daily basis Year 3 teacher will liaise with the operations manager and head teacher. Below are listed the employment duties. If anything new is to be implemented it must get the approval of the governors before implementation.
Year 3 class children.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To provide day care and education for children in a way that meets their physical, social, emotional and development needs in a non discriminatory manner.
2. To lead in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages and needs of the children, which encourages independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
3. To submit lesson plans by Friday for the following week so they can be approved and similar to submit weekly and monthly reports which show whether lesson plans are being adhered to and targets are being met or otherwise and to highlight any problems within the setting or the need for extra resources etc
4. To be familiar with OFSTED guidelines and recommendations of good practice and to assist in their implementation.
5. To ensure all safeguarding procedures are followed.
6. To liaise with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of the nursery and in all aspects of their children’s care.
7. To lead planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activity for the children in collaboration with other staff, including students and volunteers.
8. To have a full understanding of the school systems of record keeping and keep records of the children’s development, including reporting assessments to the Local Authority.
9. To ensure that that the ethos of the school is implemented, by providing an Islamic upbringing within the setting
10. To ensure that activities that take place do not go against the teachings of Islam, whilst at the same time ensuring we create a tolerant and understanding environment.
11. Establishes creative, responsive and effective approaches to learning and teaching that are sustainable & appropriate to the evolving needs of the socio-economic dynamics of the community.
12. Ensures a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning.
13. Demonstrates and articulates high expectations and sets challenging targets.
14. Monitors, evaluates and reviews classroom practice and promotes improvement strategies.
15. Challenges underperformance and ensures effective corrective action and follow-up.
16. Treats people fairly, equitably and with dignity and respect to create and maintain a positive culture.
17. Regularly reviews own practice, sets personal targets, and takes responsibility for own personal development in conjunction with the Head Teacher.
18. Responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons s/he is responsible for , or comes into contact with.
19. Creates and promotes positive strategies for challenging racial and other prejudice and dealing with racial harassment.
21.Prepares end of year reports and keeps planning and assessments up-to-date.
22.Fill in the weekly managers report and submit to Head teacher.
23. Takes part in after school and extracurricular activities.
24. responsible for ensuring journals are kept up to date.
25. Participate in the 7 mins dars on Friday.
26.To be part of the rota system for different things such as cleaning, sing in and out etc.
1. To undertake such duties as may be reasonably be required, commensurate with the grade of the post.
2. To be committed to play a full part as a member of a team
3. To undergo any training and development relevant to the satisfactory performance of the job, as required
Attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings etc.
Reference ID: DM 3
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Dar Ul Madinah Islamic Primary School
Company Location: Blackburn