Systems Librarian Job at Bucks New University in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £29,176 – £32,817 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join the new Directorate for Student Success as part of the Integrated Digital Services Team within the library and learning resources area. You will be required to build strong relationships with professional service employees and academics across the University, possess the ability to manage your own schedule across a number of locations and demonstrate a solution focused approach.
As the Systems Librarian will manage library and learning resource systems you will ensure that the systems reach their optimum for supporting library and learning resource users and staff. You will play a key role in implementing innovation and change within their area of responsibility ensuring that services delivered are flexible, user-focused, and at the leading edge of best practice within the profession.
For further information about this role please contact
All applications are to be made on-line. The University operates an anonymised shortlisting process and therefore any uploaded CV’s or supporting documents must not include your name and personal details. Please ensure the application form is filled out in full.
Closing Date: 03 December 2020
Interview Date: 14 December 2020
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, Bucks New University will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this appointment.
Bucks New University is a employer and as such you will be given the opportunity to declare a disability as part of the application process.
£29,176 – £32,817
Hours per week
The Systems Librarian will manage library and learning resource systems, ensuring the systems reach their optimum for supporting library and learning resource users and staff. The post holder will play a key role in implementing innovation and change within their area of responsibility ensuring that services delivered are flexible, user-focused, and at the leading edge of best practice within the profession.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- To be fully conversant with and have overall responsibility for core Library and learning resource systems including their maintenance, data integrity, troubleshooting, enhancement, accessibility, and training.
- Day to day management of the following Library systems: Integrated Library System; RFID enabled self-service equipment; Self-service laptop lockers and laptops; the Library’s discovery layer; Digital reading lists; Identity authentication and access management to library resources; Online Library fines payment platform; Library chat service and any other associated systems.
- Collect, collate and analyse Library and learning resource systems data and report regularly management information and statistics.
- Provide training and support to University colleagues in the use of Library and learning resource systems that builds capability.
- Lead, manage, coordinate and implement projects associated with the remit of the post and enlist the help of team members and University colleagues where appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues in library and learning resources services and the University on joint initiatives and projects.
- Represent Library Services on internal groups, at external events and on relevant professional networks.
- Contribute to Library Service Desk support, including virtual, at High Wycombe and other campuses.
- Work closely with the Integrated Digital Services Support Team Lead, Academic Liaison Librarians on delivery of service.
- Proactively maintain current awareness of issues affecting the role to make the most of opportunities for professional development.
- Any other duties consistent with the scope and grade of the post.
E – Essential D = Desirable A = Application T = Test I = Interview
Bucks New University
Company: Bucks New University
Company Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire