Support Engineer Job at Home IT Helpdesk in London
Home IT Helpdesk is an IT Company created to remotely support home IT users, initially within the UK
We have a fantastic contract opportunity for a home-based Support Engineer role.
The role pays an initial rate of £22.50 per hour.
The successful candidate must be willing to be engaged as a Sole Trader and undergo a DBS check, and have the right to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will also need to be able to demonstrate 3+ years on-the-job experience in desktop and / or mobile device support.
Role of the Support Engineer:
· Working from home to your own schedule, follow-up on customer support requests received in the call logging system.
· Monitor, update and respond to support requests in a timely manner, owning each call to completion, or reassigning back to the unassigned queue.
· Use remote support tools to assist customers and resolve issues or gather further information for providing advice and guidance.
· Undertake troubleshooting, configurations, installations, and setups across a range of systems and equipment at the desktop level.
· Escalate any unusual events or issues to management ASAP.
· Employ customer focused communication techniques, both written and verbal, in the handling of all requests and remote communications.
· In every activity, support the business by maintaining a commercial focus and maintaining professional standards in all customer communication.
Required Skills / Experience:
· Proven problem-solving ability, combined with tenacity and innovative practice.
· Supporting desktop operating systems; including troubleshooting hardware and application integration issues.
· Some exposure to the configuration of mobile devices.
· Strong technical grounding across desktop operating system and application products.
· User-level knowledge of common ticketing systems.
· Excellent communication skills – clarity of spoken voice and good grammar, etc.
· Experience supporting users both face-to-face and remotely.
· Ability / willingness to keep users informed via frequent support ticket updates.
· Able to work well under pressure and diffuse tense situations.
If you are an experienced Support Engineer looking to gain exposure to a wide range of desktop technologies in a new role then please apply now!
In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified provider and for your details to remain with HIH for as long as is necessary to process your application.
Reference ID: HIH Support Engineer
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 37 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: From £22.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This role is entirely home-based with only virtual / remote customer contact needed
- IT Support Engineer: 3 years (Required)
Company: Home IT Helpdesk
Company Location: London