Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer Job at Three Rivers Recruitment – in Newton Aycliffe
Three Rivers Recruitment are acting as a recruitment agency in the recruitment for a suitably qualified and experienced SQA Engineer for our established South West Durham employer.
Your new role
I’m recruiting for a talented SQA Engineer, reporting directly to the UK Sourcing Director with a dotted line to the SQA Director, the SQA Engineer is responsible for the tactical and systematic management of supplier quality assurance, development and integration of new and existing parts and suppliers.
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Establish an effective one business way of working with regards to supplier quality assurance and development.
- Responsible for the quality evaluation and classification of new and existing suppliers.
- Identify supplier quality related risks and be the businesse driver for reducing identified risks
- Be a driver for developing suppliers’ quality performance
- Responsible for the part approval process for parts inside new R&D projects
- Responsible for process development of internal Sourcing processes
- Audit the Supplier manufacturing process to secure sustainable level
- Execute work for PPAP co-ordination
- Manage the audit process on new and existing suppliers with the purpose of evaluating the expected quality performance of the supplier, and provide relevant information into supplier selection decision forums
- Manage the businesses APQP process towards the suppliers and inside the business
- Manage the suppliers corrective action process for escalated supplier related quality issues.
- Define and evaluate relevant data to identify and drive actions for developing and improving suppliers quality performance
- Provide leadership to staff by directing, mentoring, coaching and developing them toward enhanced performance
- Gatekeeper chargeback O–order cases
- Give quality input to supplier selections in New Development Projects according to supplier selection process
- Warranty claim rate per supplier
- Store PSW documents in New Development Projects
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience in a similar role (e.g. Quality, Operations, Methods, Engineering), ideally in manufacturing industry (alternatively in other areas, such as electrical or automotive, or other similar industries)
- Experience required in: supplier audits, product/quality planning, operational and quality methods (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, QMB etc.), PAP processes, quality tools, configuration & change management
- Good knowledge of key procurement and supply chain processes
- Good knowledge of IRIS and other relevant standards specific to safety critical industries
- Technical knowledge specific to assigned commodities
- Expert knowledge of problem resolution/root cause analysis (8D, RCA, FMEA etc)
- Language skills required: advanced/business fluent level of English
- Contribution Pension Scheme – Company contribution up to 8%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Due to the volume of applications we receive, please assume that you have not been successful if you do not receive a response within five working days. No terminology in this advert. is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Unfortuntately, candidates who do not have permission to live and work in the UK will not be considered. Three Rivers Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Reference ID: TRR_132
Application deadline: 06/08/2021
Expected start date: 30/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Supplier QA Engineer: 2 years (required)
- 8D, RCA, FMEA: 1 year (required)
Company: Three Rivers Recruitment –
Company Location: Newton Aycliffe