Strategic Initiatives Manager Jobs in Reading – England at SSE PLC
Title: Strategic Initiatives Manager
Company: SSE PLC
Location: Reading – England
Type: Full Time
Salary:£Competitive based on experience plus bonus
Working Pattern:Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours per week | Flexible working options available
About the Department
At SSE Enterprise Telecoms we believe in making complex connectivity challenges simple. And we do this in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK’s digital future. All this is delivered through our UK-wide 20,000km network, offering a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading edge SD-WAN, Ethernet, Optical and Dark Fibre services.
We’re looking for ambitious experts to join our team; to help contribute to our growth by delivering solutions through excellent customer care. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success.
What is the Role?
Taking up a newly created post as Strategic Initiatives Manager for SSE Enterprise Telecoms (SSET) you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Strategic Initiatives in identifying, evaluating, quantifying, developing and accelerating major initiatives which will have the potential to have a significant impact on our business over a strategic planning horizon of up to 5 years or more. These strategic initiatives will impact one or more of our three market facing divisions (Wholesale, Enterprise and Public Sector). The impact of these initiatives will be very significant as a part of our ambitious long term growth plans. Potential strategic initiatives include major new technology developments such as 5G, Private Networks and IoT, ecosystem developments such as Smart Cities, technology and industry evolutionary factors such as Industry 4.0 and ‘cloudification’ and general market trends such as consolidation (M&A).
Success in the role will be defined by the early identification of new Strategic Initiatives and a clear understanding and articulation of the potential impact for SSET including the role that SSET should play to maximise value for the business and its stakeholders.
– Identifying Potential Initiatives
– Validating and Qualifying Initiatives
– Securing Buy In and Commitment to Initiatives
– Progressing Initiatives through Governance
– Team Management and Performance
– Regular and Ad Hoc Reporting
– Ad Hoc Opportunity Evaluation
What do I need?
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Detailed working knowledge of the telecoms industry and recent and anticipated future strategy developments in the sector and adjacent sectors (especially the Technology sector)
– Business financial and business case development acumen
– Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and the overall success of a project.
– Strong familiarity with office software programs and web-based applications
– Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
– MBA degree completed (preferred)
Essential Functional / Technical Sk…