Stock Controller Job at The Pentagon Food Group Ltd in Stoke-on-Trent
We have a new opportunity for the right candidate to join our team, make a difference every day and secure an exiting career with a very successful and fast growing business. If you think that you are what we are looking for and meet the criteria of the role, we would love to hear from you.
The Pentagon Food Group is a multi-temperature food distribution business, and Our Customers are at the forefront of everything we do. Our Stock Controller will be organised, diligent, and responsible for managing Stock within PFG Group, and will be a key asset to the overall Supply Chain Management Team. The Stock Controller will develop and maintain Cycle Counts within the business, ensuring robust controls and measures are implemented to deliver the highest level of stock accuracy.
Living and breathing our ONE TEAM purpose and RESPECT values, the Stock Controller will provide support to the internal audit, finance, warehouse, and supply chain teams and maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
- Full accountability for stock from point of arrival, to point of exit, ensuring complete stock accuracy.
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct quantity of items are in stock
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Develop and implement improvements to existing Goods In/Out checking and labelling procedures
- Develop SOP’s to Control and manage Stock Damages within the business
- Develop stock storage procedures to ensure the Stock is stored in its correct storage locations
- Ensure Good stock rotation (first in, first out), control and manage near expiry stock.
- Ensure Dailey Stock Cycle Counts are conducted, and system updated. (Frozen, Chilled, Ambient)
- Analyse Cycle count data to continuously drive improvements in stock accuracy, and reduction of stock losses
- Communicate and liaise with the Warehouse and Supply Chain department to ensure a smooth & effective operation. One Team One Direction attitude to resolving business issues
- The method of compilation and the accuracy of all records
- Stock Picking and Storage location management, ensuring adequate labelling of all products.
- Effectively identify, analyse, manage, and reduce product Damage, Quarantined stock, and cycle count losses.
- Oversee storage of products
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Stock investigating discrepancies, audits, and stocktaking
- Process and procedure focused, with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Adhere to H&S at all times
- Be pro-active and show initiative
- Exceptional Team Playing skills
- Exceptional Customer service skills
- Cost control on expenditure and adhering to budgets issued by the Group Finance Department
- Good numeracy and intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Fast learner who will make tasks into their way of working
- A desire to develop and grow with the needs of the business
Qualifications and preferred skills
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Proven knowledge and work experience as a Stock Controller in wholesale, warehousing, or logistics
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for analysis and report building and good I.T. skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ERP systems)
- Familiarity with resource planning software
- Physical ability to lift 10-25 pounds and sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch continuously
- Superior organisational and communication skills
- Previous experience of data reconciliation
- Reach forklift preferable.
- Ability to manage help, with instructions. People-management skills and natural abilities are seen as an asset and a requirement
- Passionate and Positive, ‘Can do’ attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to work and workload
- Open and honest approach at all times
- Customer Focused
- Team player
Reference ID: PFGSC 11/20
Application deadline: 27/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
- Stoke-on-Trent ST4 2HS (Preferred)
Company: The Pentagon Food Group Ltd
Company Location: Stoke-on-Trent