STEM Graduate Academic Learning Coach Job at Step Into Teaching in Bristol
STEM Academic Learning Coach – ASAP Start – Bristol
Are you a graduate of the STEM subjects who is considering a career in education/teaching?
If yes, a 6th Form College in Bristol are looking for STEM graduates to support students as an Academic Learning Coach for the remainder of the 2020/21 academic year.
This is an ideal opportunity for a STEM graduate who is interested in starting a career in teaching/education. This is your chance to experience the classroom properly before committing to a training programme.
If you are an aspiring teacher who wants to use your degree and subject knowledge to inspire and motivate young minds and support their personal academic development, then we would love to hear from you.
The Academic Learning Coach will be a positive role model and will coach and motivate students. The headteacher is looking for someone with the ability to form positive relationships with the students and help build confidence and encourage varied extra-curricular activities to help students develop as individuals.
The ideal graduate must:
- Hold a STEM degree with a 2:2 or above
- Be passionate about their specialist subject
- Be able to inspire and motivate students to reach their full potential
- Be flexible and self-motivated
- Be able to demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of individual students
- Be able to deliver well-structured support sessions to individuals and groups of students
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equality and Diversity issues
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- 6th Form College in Bristol
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Full-time role – Monday – Friday
- Start ASAP – Flexible role (term-time only)
- £325 – £350 per week (term time only)
- Chance to gain invaluable classroom experience before teacher training
How to apply:
Click ‘Apply’ below to generate your interest and import your CV to Neil @ Step into Teaching.
Step into Teaching is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure and Baring Service check
“Step Into Teaching” is a Trading Name of Hampton’s Education Recruitment Limited, Registration No: 10278908, Registered in England and Wales, Corner Oak, 1 Homer Road, Solihull, B91 3QG
Reference ID: NP/STEM/B
Application deadline: 26/11/2020
Expected start date: 07/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £325.00-£350.00 per week
Company: Step Into Teaching
Company Location: Bristol