Steering Design Engineer Job at Nissan in Cranfield
The Nissan Europe Chassis development team is responsible for the development of Nissan’s suspension and steering systems to meet the diverse requirements of the European, Russian and GOM markets. Our influence extends to all vehicles made for these areas, and all Nissan facilities within these areas.
Working in a fast paced, professional environment you will be responsible for delivery of designs to meet the market requirements. Liaising with Nissan’s ride and handling departments, and global design centres, you will work hand in hand with some of the world’s leading component suppliers to realize the targets for Quality, timing, cost and performance.
The expectation is that there will be opportunities for European and global travel, to Nissan facilities, and supplier production plants.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, engineering approval, and release of chassis system components/specifications of Steering systems.
- Confirmation of vehicle target achievement, with related departments in the European and global Nissan organisation.
- Management of suppliers to complete development of new models, validation of component performance, and achievement of cost targets.
- Implementation of technical cost reductions, and provide technical support to purchase organisation for commercial negotiations.
- Improve quality of current production models.
- Support Nissan/Alliance manufacturing plants.
Additional Tasks and responsibilities
- Working with / delegation to supporting engineering functions
Cranfield Bedfordshire United Kingdom
Company Location: Cranfield