Staff Nurse – Specialist Area (ICU) Job at Mercy University Hospital in Cork
Specialist Area – Intensive Care Unit
Permanent & Fixed Term contracts
The Staff Nurse is a member of a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for the delivery of nursing care within an evidence based framework. He/she is required to provide and maintain a caring, efficient and professional nursing service meeting the needs of patients and their families. Mercy University Hospital are looking for forward-thinking staff who are passionate about delivering first-class care. ICU a dynamic environment which offers opportunities for clinical and career development.
Responsibilities – The post holder will be responsible for;
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care of assigned patients
- Practice nursing according to the Code of Professional Conduct as laid down by the Nursing Board and Professional Guidelines.
- Ensure patients are cared for in the optimum clinical environment, adhering to all nursing and hospital wide policies and guidelines
- Share professional knowledge and skills with colleagues
- Documentation to be recorded in a professional, legible and timely fashion
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development
- Deputise for the CNM 2 as appropriate
- Follow appropriate lines of authority within the Nurse Management Structure.
Eligibility Criteria – Candidates:
- Must have current registration on the general division of NMBI
- Experience in the acute hospital environment within last three years is essential
- Applications will be welcome from nurses who have recently graduated
- Specialist area of ICU – Experience essential / course desirable
MUH reserve the right to create a panel from this recruitment process.
Company: Mercy University Hospital
Company Location: Cork