Staff Nurse RGN / RMN Job at Nova Recovery in Largs
Looking for an exciting new career? This is for YOU!
Nova Recovery is opening soon in Largs, Ayrshire. We are excited to be offering a new pioneering model of addition recovery within a beautiful private residential setting. This is your opportunity to be part of an innovating nursing team, dedicated to the rehabilitation of those experiencing difficulty with addiction to drugs or alcohol. With new pioneering, evidence-based treatment we are committed to transforming the lives of those addicted to substances, securing their recovery, and improving the health and well-being of our clients. You will receive certificated training in
relevant therapeutic and clinical skills, the use of brain restoration therapies and treatments and
quality appropriate in-house training. You will also benefit from support and mentoring from a Clinical Nurse Manager and experienced Clinical Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. We value the importance of a Nurse Personal & Professional Development therefore we will continue to financially support relevant on-going training.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated Register Mental Health Nurse with a good knowledge and understanding of quality assurance frameworks, clinical safety, medication management, and an understanding or genuine interest in Addiction.
The Mental Health Nurse Therapist will be an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team carrying out:
· holistic assessment of the physical and psychological care needs, including risk assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating programmes of care.
· all relevant forms of nursing care pertinent to the physical and psychological needs of individual clients in the least restrictive and disruptive manner possible with a recovery focused approach.
· therapeutic one to one support with clients in their recovery journey.
· facilitate Therapeutic Interactive Groups, focused on the recovery model.
· facilitate Brian Restoration Therapies and Treatments.
You will be responsible for:
· responding to the health and psychological needs of clients, focusing on improving the mental and physical wellbeing of clients and identifying and responding to clients’ needs which may be related to their addiction, vulnerability, gender, health, and/or self-harm.
· working within agreed competency-based parameters, providing evidenced based interventions.
· administering prescribed medication/treatments in compliance with NMC & NICE Guidance, monitoring their effectiveness and effective management of unwanted side effects.
· practice in a professional manner adhering to the NMC Code of Conduct and any other appropriate legislation which would impact on client care and treatment.
· support the Manager, the Clinical Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatrist by participating in clinics, the maintenance of robust clinical governance, undertake line management supervision and periodically appraising the performance of junior members of staff.
· be expected to maintain standards of record keeping that accurately reflects contemporaneous risk assessment/risk management and reflect safe effective person centre care delivery.
It is essential that you are currently a Registered Nurse with the NMC and that you have evidence of active and ongoing Continuing Personal & Professional Development.
Reference ID: NR_RMN5
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: £17.00-£19.00 per hour
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Nova Recovery
Company Location: Largs