Sr. Segment Marketing Manager Job at Western Digital – in Leatherhead
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is seeking an experienced Segment Marketing Manager to accelerate and expand global marketing and business development efforts for storage solutions in the Connected Home space. In this position, the individual will help define the segment strategy through an in-depth understanding of the Connected Home and drive activities to successfully execute the plan. This involves coordinating and engaging with various cross-functional teams, from working with sales, to business planning, engineering, and program management, while interfacing to executive management.
You must possess a significant and thorough understanding of the ecosystem of the Connected Home, including service providers and operators, Set Top Box (STB) makers as well as Smart TV makers, and the ecosystem that surrounds these devices, including content, operating systems, software and application development as well as the technical drivers that enable various business models. In essence, you will become a segment expert, developing an in-depth understanding of the business surrounding the ecosystem of the “Connected Home” and able to assess strategic engagements that maximize differentiation and define a potent strategy that you can successfully execute on.
In the process, you will:
- Highlight and define strategic development activity roadmaps and milestones
- Perform competitive analysis
- Interface with customers and negotiate between market needs and engineering capabilities
- Work with product management to define product roadmaps
- Balance and align internal resources and capabilities to external requests
- Develop product solution positioning & messaging to create differentiation
- Gather critical data for executive reviews
- Communicate the value proposition of our product solutions to sales and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Guide and work with marketing communications to develop content for customer-facing material (such as data sheets, white papers, presentations, etc.) & interact with editors and press agents
- Work with business planning to maintain revenue and profit target assurance
Because Western Digital thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity. Western Digital does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on their protected class status and complies with all federal and state laws against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, as well as the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Part of creating a diverse and inclusive workplace includes ensuring that all qualified applicants and employees are provided equal consideration for any available opportunity. Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation, email us at [email protected] In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: Western Digital –
Company Location: Leatherhead
Job Category: Marketing