Sponsorship Manager Job at Government Events in Wilmslow
Government Events are a fast-growing events company specialising in delivering leading, information led public sector conferences and events.
Run by a dynamic team with over 20 years’ experience, they pride themselves in delivering events at the forefront of Government policy. Now’s an exciting time to be part of Government Events as their client base expands across the globe.
In 2021 Government Events will deliver more than 250 conferences, events and training courses with over 1600 hours of CPD from 2000+ speakers to 10,000+ clients. During this global pandemic, their events have been taken online with amazing results and repeat bookings.
We are actively looking for a talented Sponsorship Salesperson who excels in what they do and understands the sponsorship opportunities available to Clients online.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop sponsorship revenue from sponsors in the new virtual environment and to ensure a successful experience resulting in client retention
- Develop new and existing accounts, through a mix of strategic account management and new business development
- Convert inbound leads into revenue generating accounts
- Work on 3-6 conferences at any one time
- Prepare, write and deliver bespoke sponsorship packages – Conduct virtual meetings with existing sponsors to de-brief post event and secure re-book/follow on revenue
- You will have an excellent understanding of selling our public sector conferences to private organisations
- Understand the sales techniques you are trained to use and source your own lead generation
- Strong sales approach with proven experience of cold calling
- Solid experience in selling high value products, identifying potential new markets/business opportunities, highlight and present to Marketing and Event Producers
- Be fully conversant with a range of our products and be prepared to make a large number of pitches to secure business mostly over the phone
- Demonstrable experience in full sales process from sourcing prospective clients, pitching them and then closing the deal
- Act as a subject matter expert in identifying, pitching, closing, new and existing business/clients
- Represent the company at our events as agreed with the Sales Manager / Sales Director
What we are looking for:
A minimum of 3 years proven experience in outbound B2B Sales and be able to demonstrate a successful track record
Ideally you should have experience of selling sponsorship within virtual events.
- Training and Development Opportunities
- An incredible modern work environment, culture and facilities tailored for true sales professionals to thrive.
- There are endless opportunities for rapid career progression and with your success come rewards in the Government Events Staff Rewards Programme
- Additional and generous benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Sponsorship: 2 years (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Government Events
Company Location: Wilmslow