Speech and Language Therapist Job at Imperial Hill in Rochdale
We are currently looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our team in Rochdale.
Our client supports people with acquired brain Injuries and neurological conditions in their rehabilitation to allow them to move to back home or to other care facilities. This is a 7 bedded slow stream rehabilitation unit. All the bedrooms have wet rooms and the service has a communal lounge, dining areas and an accessible garden. The service also has a therapy kitchen along with treatment rooms.
The service is staffed with Nurses, Rehabilitation Coaches, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Neurological Consult and a Neurological Psychologist.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, they fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work their teams do. That is why they will offer: –
- A rate of £18-£22 per hour depending on experience
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
The Speech and Language Therapist Role
You will provide clinically effective, person centred and evidence-based speech and language therapy assessment and intervention to our service users, through providing support and training to clients and family members regarding communication, eating and drinking. Working as part of the multi-disciplinary team you will delegate tasks appropriate tasks to our team of therapy assistants and rehab coaches, maximising therapy input.
- To work autonomously in accordance with current best practice guidance in relation to Acquired brain injury and long-term neurological conditions and within HCPC standards of conduct, performance and ethics and be accountable for own professional practice.
- To accept clinical responsibility in areas of communication and dysphagia for a varied caseload of adults with complex health and social care needs.
- To respect the dignity, confidentiality, equality and diversity of all clients on the unit
- To provide clinical assessment and intervention to clients based on the rehabilitation package agreed for each client
- To set rehabilitation goals in collaboration with clients, their carers/ family members and as part of the multidisciplinary team
- To document assessment findings, risk assessments, support plans and case notes in a timely manner and to cascade recommendations to the multidisciplinary team and the client to ensure consistency of practice
- To monitor, evaluate and modify interventions in order to measure rehabilitation progress and effectiveness
- To advise on AAC equipment and refer appropriately to the local AAC hub for assessment for appropriate clients
- To make referrals to other outside agencies as clinical need arises e.g.; Hospital services for Video fluoroscopy.
- To attend and contribute to multidisciplinary client meetings, therapy meetings and unit meetings
- To provide reports as required including therapy progress reports and reports that may be requested by other agencies.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that may be required on an ad hoc basis as requested by the Registered manager or Lead Therapist
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Be Registered with HCPC
- Have at least 18 months post-graduate experience
- Complete Post-graduate dysphagia Training.
“Your potential plus our commitment changes lives”
Reference ID: ZR_90_JOB
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application Deadline: 27/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £18.00-£22.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Referral programme
- Store discounts
- Speech & Language Therapist: 1 year (Required)
Company: Imperial Hill
Company Location: Rochdale