Specialist Teacher of the Deaf Job at Seven Resourcing in Wirral
Seven Education are looking for a temporary Specialist Teacher of the Deaf to work 15 hours per week with Wirral Council. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £19.26 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To be a qualified teacher and attain the mandatory Teacher of the Deaf qualification within 3 years. To manage a teaching caseload, 0 to 19 years, which includes identifying and meeting the needs of hearing impaired pupils to enable them to make progress and be successfully included in the full range of settings.
To contribute to a purposeful, forward looking and supportive ethos in the service, with reference to Quality Standards for SEN Support and Outreach Services, and to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
- To plan and deliver specialist curriculum lessons to deaf pupils and assess their development in relation to intended outcomes and to report their development, progress and attainment.
- This will include pre and post tutoring in identified areas of the curriculum.
- To be involved in a team teaching approach with setting staff.
- To use knowledge of the National Curriculum and the implications of deafness to enable staff to plan for effective teaching and maximum access to the curriculum.
- To promote the appropriate use of specialist audiological equipment to maximise learning and facilitate independence.
- To promote the use of appropriate classroom strategies, resources and teaching materials to minimise the effect of hearing loss on the educational achievement of each child
- To provide reports for Statutory Assessment and Annual Reviews that clearly identify the progress the child has made.
- Qualifications: University Degree at grade 2:2 or above.
- Experience: 1+ year of post-graduate experience as a Teacher in the UK.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 15 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £19.26 per hour
- teaching: 1 year (Required)
Company: Seven Resourcing
Company Location: Wirral