Specialist Behavourial Support Worker – Lester Court Job at Look Ahead Housing and Care – in Tower Hamlets
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included.
Application closing date
£23,121.00 per annum
25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Full Time, Permanent
Specialist Behavourial Support Worker – Lester Court
Specialist Behavioural Support Workers for Look Ahead Care Support and Housing, Tower Hamlets.
£23,121.00 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? We’re looking for kind, compassionate and resilient Specialist Behavioural Support Workers to support our customers with autism/complex needs in our Learning Disabilities service in Tower Hamlets.
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
Specialist Behaviour Support Workers are responsible for the customer’s emotional and psychological wellbeing as well as providing support to help them develop life skills they require to meet the assessed needs. At Lester Court, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- NVQ level 2 in social sector (however HR manager would consider someone with experience)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with complex needs.
- Needs to have good academic writing, literacy and IT skills due to the high levels of report.
- Challenging Behaviour/learning disabilities and supporting them in line with a PBS (positive behaviour support) framework
- Driving licence
- Working with people with mental health
- Has some experience in Trauma Informed care
- Has some experience in working with people with Mental health
As part of a team of support staff at Lester Court, your role will focus on working closely with customers to help them build and gain their independence, and meet their goals and aspirations. This involves supporting them with a range of life skills, for example helping customers with budgeting, applying for benefits, meal planning or cooking, getting into work or training, or accessing external services such as addiction support. As a Specialist Behavioural Support Worker you can be sure of one thing: no two days are the same!
- Supporting the customer to undertake a full timetable of preferred activities including sport and leisure activities, attending community groups, visiting local amenities, and introducing them to new activities to expand their horizons and networks.
- Developing the customer’s independent living skills and involving them in all aspects of maintaining and developing their home, including cooking, shopping, cleaning, and decorating.
- Enabling the customer to keep up with the important people in their life and to meet new people with shared interests.
- Supporting the customer to communicate their wants and needs and communicating with them in a person-centred way.
- Supporting the customer to manage their anxieties and frustrations, using Positive Behaviour Support and Autism-specific approaches.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in with local activities to encourage customer involvement.
- Exudes a warm, friendly presence and open behaviour.
- Prefers working as part of a group or team.
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement.
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised.
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments.
- Is confident, with high levels of self-esteem.
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication.
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Company: Look Ahead Housing and Care –
Company Location: Tower Hamlets