Sous Chef Job at in Ingatestone, Essex
We are currently looking for a full time Sous Chef to join one of our client’s bar and restaurants based in ingatestone, Essex.
This is a great opportunity for a chef who possess experience of working in a steak house and has a passion for food & creativity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small kitchen team of two and running the entire kitchen’s operations. As sous chef, you will be responsible for managing the other kitchen member, ensure cleanliness of the premises, monitoring temperature controls and all other duties associated with running a commercial kitchen.
This position’s intended start date is April 15th – although the restaurant’s official opening date will be in May. The successful applicant will be expected to use this time to familiarise themselves with the kitchen and to assist with menu preparation for the restaurant.
Salary & Working Hours:
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000
(Dependent on experience)
Working hours: 40 Hours / week
Opening hours: 4pm – 11pm
(Weekend work will be required)
Start date: 15th March 2020.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
- Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels
- Creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines.
- Being responsible for health and safety
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices
Company Location: Ingatestone, Essex