Software Engineer | Application Testing | Short Term Placement Job at Hey Mirza in London
About Hey Mirza
We’re on a mission to close the gender pay gap! The lifetime financial impact of stepping away from the workforce is not transparent to parents ahead of making that decision. We provide an academic research & AI-backed family P&L to understand the impact of leaves, childcare, and more, on long-term financial health.
About the placement
We’re looking for candidates to complete a short two week work placement focused on developing the testing for a new digital product. You’ll be responsible for writing and executing detailed testing plans, both manual and automated, and suggest changes and improvements to the automation suite. Working alongside product managers and stakeholders you’ll have the chance to hone your skills and learn more about working in a product team whilst adding real value to the business.
Skills you will gain
- Application Testing
- Product Design
- Product Testing
- Testing Automation
- Systematically assess whether the new website and application meet defined requirements.
- Create structured test plans to navigate through the journeys including edge cases and potential errors.
- Carry out software testing including backend tests/ assessing whether data flows through correctly.
- Contribute to a test suite to automatically check core flows whenever new features are added.
- Capture bugs and issues using best practice and assess priorities with the product development team.
You might have studied or have experience of computer science, digital product, system engineering, software engineering or similar subjects.
Contract length: 2 weeks
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: £6.45-£8.21 per hour
Company: Hey Mirza
Company Location: London