Software Developer, relocating to Falmouth Cornwall Job at Falmouth Launchpad in Plymouth
If we gave you a year of funding, could you build the next great tech start-up?
What if we added in a team of designers, fellow programmers and business developers?
OK, how about if we wrapped it all up with a Masters in Entrepreneurship, taught by a wide team of marketers, investors and entrepreneurs, assembled specifically to incubate new high-growth tech businesses?
We are a new kind of tech incubator.
Over the past two years, we have brought together over 100 people to build high-growth techstart-ups. Our first few companies, completing their two-year programme in May this year, have raised substantial investment, had over a million users,and one is shortly premiering on Google’s new streaming games service, Stadia. The programme is continuing to build, and the next cohort starts at the end of January next year.
You can hear from some of our previous founders here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8mnIIuUG
Oh, and don’t forget Hertzian; in 2014 we piloted the programme and created what was recognised by the government last year as one of the top 5 trailblazing AI companies in the UK.
We are looking for entrepreneurs with the ambition of owning and running a start-up in a beautiful part of the UK.
What’s in for you?
- Spend a full year building your own product, in a team of 4, alongside 30+ other companies and teams, supported by experienced mentors.
- Receive a full year of financial runway for your new business; we even include a stipend to cover your basic living costs.
- Gain a no-fee Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship from Falmouth University.
- Work with leading industry partners, like Amazon, BBC Studios and Greenman Gaming.
- Live in amazing and inspiring surroundings in Cornwall.
- Work in a beautiful purpose-built incubator with views of the sea (just!).
- A full year of acceleration support, including work-space,after the first year of incubation.
What do we expect?
You need the practical skills to be able to contribute to a team building a software product; be that back-end or front-end development, or data science. The stack that you build with now isn’t important; good programmers adapt and learn, and you’ll be doing plenty of that.
What don’t we expect?
We don’t expect you to arrive with a business idea.We will train you, and partner you with people to focus on the non-technical parts of the business.
We just need your aptitude, your skills and your ambition.
To find out more, or to apply, visit falmouthlaunchpad.co.uk
Launchpad is an innovative postgraduate incubation and acceleration programme, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Falmouth Launchpad
Company Location: Plymouth