Software Developer C# and .NET Job at Tracsis Plc in Leeds
Do you want to revolutionise the rail industry?
Due to continued growth, the Operations and Planning Division of Tracsis Group plc (www.tracsis.com) have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Developer specialising in C# and .NET for our cross-site (Leeds / Manchester) team or to work remotely with occasional travel to Leeds or Manchester. If successful, you will be working on industry-critical products that are used across the railway industry.
Tracsis Operations and Planning Systems Division is a leading provider of software and services for the planning and management of mass transit systems.
We develop and supply a range of software products which are used extensively within the rail and other public transport sectors, covering all aspects of operations planning and management including timetabling, resource and rolling stock planning and optimisation, real time performance and control, service recovery, incident management and delay attribution, retail services and delay repay.
We also offer a consultancy service made up of highly experienced industry specialists, advising on all elements of rail operational planning and modelling including performance improvement, franchise and concession support, data capture and evaluation, as well as innovative bespoke software development capabilities.
Software Developer (C# and .NET) Responsibilities:
You will rely upon your excellent problem solving skills to assist with building and deploying software and supporting platforms and tooling. We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on a wide variety of challenges in our Platform team, from Terraforming AWS accounts to writing, deploying and supporting microservices. You’ll be helping to develop the stable platform infrastructure and testing architectures that allow our teams to rapidly deliver highly available, reliable software.
Our tech stacks are varied, so we’re not prescriptive about what experience you have – the important thing is a desire and a capacity to learn a wide range of skills – but any experience in the following areas (or any related / competitor tech) would stand you in good stead:
- .NET Framework
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- NUnit (For testing)
- Version Control (i.e. Git, Mercurial)
- Automated testing and deployment
- Windows domain administration
- Infrastructure as code
- Cloud compute
- Microservice architecture
- Container services
Software Developer Requirements:
- Commercial experience with C# or.NET
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability and inquisitive mind to problem solve.
- Able to visualise, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts.
- Able to make logical and well thought out decisions.
- Good communication skills
- Able to write complex code and have a deep understanding of the entire development lifecycle.
- Capable of producing high quality technical solutions
Benefits to working at Tracsis:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year
- Bonus scheme
- Long service annual leave entitlement scheme
- Long Term Incentive Plan Scheme
- Free eye tests
- Flexitime working and the option to work from home 1 day per week
- Casual dress code
- Social events paid for by Tracsis
- Bupa Medical Health care after 1 year’s service
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Excellent, modern office space
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK, ideally within commutable travel distance of the head office at the Nexus in Leeds or our Manchester Piccadilly offices.
If working for Tracsis sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your C.V. and having an initial conversation.
We welcome C.V’s from all members of the community. Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
CV’s received from agencies at this time, unfortunately will not be considered.
Reference ID: Tracsis-.NETLeeds
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- .NET: 4 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Tracsis Plc
Company Location: Leeds