Site Manager Jobs in Blaby – England at Bellway Homes
Title: Site Manager
Company: Bellway Homes
Location: Blaby – England
Type: Full Time
Category: Management, Construction
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in ication can be reviewed.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our East Midlands Division is looking to recruit a Site Manager to join the Division’s Construction team.
The RoleThe role of Site Manager, reports to the Construction Director and is responsible for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works s, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
Principal accountabilities of the role include:
* Manage the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
* Manage and implement health and safety procedures, working closely with Bellway Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
* Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
* Ensure site presentation is maintained dard s.
* Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
* Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
* Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Construction Director as requested.
* Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
* Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each NHBC key stage inspection
Qualificationsand Skills Experience
* Experience of working as an Assistant Site Manager a high volume residential house builder.
* Experience of effectively managing teams
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
* GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
* Valid CSCS card l (or equivalent).
* Valid SMSTS certificate
* Valid First Aid certificate
* Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 l 6 is desirable
* Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
* Valid LOLER certificate is desirable
Skills and Aptitude
* Effective communication and listening skills
* Good administration skills
* Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
* Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
* Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked….