Site Maintenance Engineer Job at Yusen Logistics (UK) – in Milton Keynes
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for a Site Maintenance Engineer in our Tilbrook site (MK7 8BN).
The position holder will ensure the company premises are maintained to a safe workable standard, meeting H&S and customer requirements. The Site Maintenance Engineer will liaise with other departments and contractors to achieve the required standards.
The role will offer a salary of up to £27,480 (subject to experience).
1. General maintenance:
- Deal with the day to day general maintenance, including electrical maintenance (a van will be provided for business use).
- Provide predominantly general maintenance to the sites (Warehouses, offices, etc) and electrical maintenance, dealing with any outages and electrical repairs, carry out small scale electrical installations and certify as necessary.
- Carry out all general repairs as required and be responsible for regular checking and testing of depot systems such as fire and intruder alarms and sprinkler systems ensuring that these systems are properly maintained by the relevant contractor at all times.
- Ensure all Contractors attending site are managed in accordance with established procedures.
- Compliance to relevant legislation relating to any machinery being used.
- Ensure all relevant BSI standards are maintained.
- Responsible for site periodical maintenance checks and repairs
3. Health & Safety
- Ensure all Contractors attending site are working to pre- approved risk assessments and method statements.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Follow all respective Health & Safety Policies and procedures
- Ensure all site rules and procedures are followed.
- Adherence to necessary legislation relating to safety data sheet/ PPE requirements.
- Experience in general building maintenance, electrical maintenance or facilities maintenance
- Formal recognised qualification in electrical work, 18th Edition qualified.
- An H & S related qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be advantageous
- Able to work at height from a MEWP
- Driving licence and ability to travel to Yusen sites.
- Ability to understand and manipulate performance data
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Team player
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Good working knowledge of property legislation and H & S requirements
- Good level of IT literacy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.
Company: Yusen Logistics (UK) –
Company Location: Milton Keynes