Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Job at Rigid Containers Ltd in Taunton
Context & Role Summary
Rigid Containers Ltd is part of VPK Packaging. VPK Packaging Group is a pioneering packaging supplier. VPK have been producing innovative and protective cardboard packaging since 1935. The VPK Packaging Group was active in 20 countries in 2018 and employs more than 5500 employees.
In 2000 VPK acquired Rigid Containers Ltd. Rigid operates from three state-of-the art integrated manufacturing and logistics facilities in:
- Desborough (Northamptonshire)
- Selby (North Yorkshire)
- Wellington (Somerset)
- Limerick, (Ireland)
All our products are fully recyclable, supporting the circular economy. Our experience and understanding of market demands provides our customers with a dynamic service offering. Our converting services range from high volume transit cases, e-commerce to retail ready packaging and we can assist in all your box design requirements. Continued growth is based on a dedication to sustainability and close, long-term relations with our customers. We strongly believe in an agile business approach, with a stimulating environment for staff and innovation. In this way we strive to meet our customers’ most stringent requirements.
Rigid Containers Ltd in Wellington employs approximately 100 employees.
The Role requires the candidate, along with the rest of the engineering team, to maintain our mechanical systems which include a Corrugator, Case makers, Die Cutters, automated conveyor and transfer systems, Palletisers, Strapping and Wrapping machines along with the general building infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
The right person will have a desire to learn and develop, and be part of a small, hardworking and dedicated team. Core duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following all company Health & Safety procedures
- Planned Maintenance, Inspection and Continuous Improvement of Mechanical systems.
- Attending Breakdowns in timely manor
- On-going project work
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of all equipment
- Recording details of maintenance to meet our requirements and our regulators standards.
- Communicating all issues and results with the engineering team
- Assisting the Electrical engineers where needed
- Sourcing and ordering spare parts
- Communicating with machine manufacturers
- Ensuring smooth running of your shift
- Maintaining a clean & tidy working environment
- Experienced in fault finding, diagnosis & repair of industrial machinery
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Able to read mechanical drawings and other technical documents
- Skilled in the use of workshop equipment/bench skills
- Knowledge of steam, hydraulic & pneumatic systems
- Electrical maintenance experience (advantageous but not required)
- Use of access and lifting equipment such as FLT’s or MEWP
Skills, Capabilities & Attributes
- Candidates should have relevant engineering qualifications
- Candidates must be self driven to make improvements, Have a positive attitude to change and take pride in their work
- A willingness to multi-skill is essential
- Candidates must have a genuine sense of urgency during breakdowns or interventions
- Candidates should make every effort to maintain a good working relationship with other team members
- A flexible working attitude is required to meet the needs of the team and business
- Candidates must be willing to cover some overtime as some weekend and bank holiday cover is required
Competitive salary and attractive benefits for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering & Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma of Higher Education (Required)
- Taunton, Somerset (Preferred)
Company: Rigid Containers Ltd
Company Location: Taunton