Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Job at Graphic Packaging International in Leeds
Graphic Packaging International is a global FMCG manufacturer with 12 sites across Europe.
The site in Leeds, West Yorkshire, is looking to recruit a skilled Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join the Maintenance team.
- To ensure Production Machinery is maintained & repaired to a high standard to enable maximum production speeds with minimum interruptions and breakdowns.
- To ensure Maintenance & Service records are maintained.
- To devise, fabricate, and install, improvements to Production Machines.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance on plant & equipment to a high standard
- Respond to breakdowns on Production machines
- Install and relocate production equipment
- Specify & order spare parts
- Complete maintenance records and paperwork
- Carry out Mechanical Fault finding
- Carry out Pneumatic/hydraulic Fault Finding
- Carry out basic Electrical Fault Finding
- Liaise with other departments
- Health & Safety. Responsible for self and others
- Recognised Mechanical qualification (e.g. NVQ/City & Guilds/BTEC HNC)
- Experience working in a high speed, high pressure production environment
- Experience within the Printing / Carton Manufacturing Industry desirable
Key (behavioural) Competencies
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic
- Pro-active and can do attitude required.
- Works well in a team and on ones own
Hours of work – Rotating day and night 12hr shifts – 36hrs per week
We believe our people are our biggest asset and when you join Graphic Packaging you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous holiday allowance
If you would like to make a real difference with a market leading global company, please forward your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £33,000.00 /year
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Company Location: Leeds