Setting Out Engineer Job at McDermott Building & Civil Eng Ltd – in Kenilworth
We’re looking for a Setting Out Engineer with groundworks and civil engineering experience to join our team.
Based on our site in Kenilworth, you will join a fast pace, well organised working environment.
A laptop and setting out equipment will be provided.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- minimum 2 years appropriate setting out experience
- proficiency using GPS setting out equipment
- proficiency using AutoCad
- good communication skills
- good understanding of engineer and architects drawings
- ability to maintain effective relationships with customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- carrying out all necessary setting out correctly and accurately
- use of robotic equipment
- implementing relevant element of the inspection & test plan
- completing quality assurance checks and associated documentation
- preparing As Built Drawings
- records management
- attending relevant project meetings
Working hours: 7.30 – 17.00
Rate is negotiable depending on experience.
Why join McDermotts?
McDermotts is a groundworks and civil engineering company based in Birmingham, supporting some of the country’s biggest construction companies. We’re a family-founded business that still operates with the customer focus and values we started with.
Construction is our passion, and we believe that the industry can provide rich and rewarding experiences. When you engage with McDermotts, you are not just joining a team, you become part of our family. Our culture is built around supporting each other and working together to achieve success.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Setting out: 5 years (required)
Company: McDermott Building & Civil Eng Ltd –
Company Location: Kenilworth