Service Engineer Job at Paneltex Ltd in Preston
40 hours per week, some flexibility is require in regards to working hours, on occasions some hours worked may be unsociable, and could include night shifts.
The role of Paneltex mobile service engineer will include travelling to customers sites and in some cases vehicles at road site to carry out repairs to mechanical, electrical, vehicle body work & plumbing.
The role is field based, the Engineer will be provided with a vehicle, tools (hand tools to be engineers own), tablet and mobile phone in order to carry out the role. The engineer will be responsible for keeping these secure and reporting any issues which may result in you being unable to perform the role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Warranty and service repair work, mechanical and electrical including body repairs.
· On-site services to Paneltex products
· Work unsupervised in conjunction with all health and safety legislation and in accordance with industry standards whilst using own initiative to overcome any problems which may arise whilst on site
· Provide detailed & accurate reports including photos
· Promote Paneltex brand & services whist actively looking to generate new service work enquires.
· Using company computer packages systems (Sage CRM, Microsoft Office) – Full training will be given
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· The ideal candidate will have experience of the body building industry and service/warranty related work.
· Ideally the suitable candidate will be qualified mechanically and electrically and/or trained in other body building or related service disciplines and demonstrate a proven track record of working in the service environment.
· Must be well presented with good interpersonal skills as this is a client facing role.
· Good computer skills.
· Commercial vehicle bodybuilding, van conversions using insulated panels experience
· Mechanical and electrical experience are essential.
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
· Improve customer satisfaction
· Increase service profitability
· Develop new business opportunities
· Efficient engineering billable targets
· First time fix rate
Closing date 04/12/2020
Please note: we may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Pease make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00-£11.50 per hour
- Mechanical & Electrical: 2 years (Required)
Company: Paneltex Ltd
Company Location: Preston