Service Desk Analyst Job at Hays in Gloucester
Service Desk Analyst
6 Month Contract
£100 per day
To receive and record service desk incidents, mainly via telephone, recording details accurately and to provide a high level of first line support and advice. Resolve issues at the point of contact or determine team best suited to take over the task.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a first contact for all IT issues. All requests to be handled in a responsive, professional and customer oriented manner to support the image of an effective front line service to the Trust’s client base.
- Logging faults to our incident management system, maintaining a very high level of data quality, speed and accuracy. Post holder is required to carry out direct technical support tasks where skill levels and time allows.
- Required to make technical changes to systems where appropriate to maintain continuity of service. This includes knowledge of clinical systems which have a direct impact on patient services.
- Resolve a variety of incidents using software that connects to remote systems, using own initiative whilst considering any Trust wide implications and impact their action may have on clinical systems and services.
- The post holder will often have to work to meet client time constrains, requiring the post holder to perform rapidly, calmly and confidently often to conveying complicated and complex instructions the user, in order that resolution to certain problems are solved instantly.
- To produce technical documentation for all members of the IT department. For example additions to the technical knowledge base.
- Remain professional and keeping calm when having to defusing situations involving irate, verbally aggressive users who are frustrated with the service provided by technicians and/or service desk staff.
- Initial diagnostic service performed when information is being provided by users with very little knowledge and understanding of PCs.
- Dealing with the more in depth IT issues that high end users come across.
- Activities may impact directly on patient care. Faults may be with patient systems, and networks that will constrain users from carrying out their clinical care.
Company Location: Gloucester