Senior Mechanical Engineer Job at Peacock Technology Ltd. in Stirling
We are looking for an experienced mechanically focused engineer to join our controls and automation team as a Senior Engineer.
We work with Solidworks CAD system. Candidates must have very strong skills using this software or other industry-norm 3D modelling software with the ability to migrate to Solidworks.
The role will involve participation at all stages of the development process, from requirements capture through development to on site commissioning and testing.
The role involves working on a wide variety of projects. Recent projects have included a system with 6 delta robots performing a packaging task in a baby food factory, a six-axis robot working on a food sampling application to improve food traceability, and a mobile robot for carrying documents in COVID secure environments. These exciting projects all have the potential to make a significant positive contribution to people’s lives.
The role will include international travel to fulfil project goals.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for engineering, who has a professional approach to projects and who can find solutions to unusual automation challenges.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Writing specifications and cost analysis during outline designs.
· Working with other engineering disciplines to produce the most suitable mechanical solution for the project.
· Designing and realising cost effective mechanical mechanisms for use in automated solutions.
· Planning and overseeing projects.
· Producing appropriate documentation for proposals and customer document packs.
· Actively developing the skills of other team members as well as your own.
· Liaising with customers and suppliers throughout the project cycle.
· Working to and enhancing quality control systems in the automation department.
· Proven hands on experience of mechanical design.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team to produce solutions.
· Self motivated, with good time planning and management to work on across several project concurrently.
· A high level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this to practical problems.
· Excellent understanding of system interaction and control principles.
· Expertise in 3D and 2D CAD software.
· Experience of producing high quality manufacturing drawings, including tolerances and finishing instructions.
· Strong grasp of material selection for a wide range of application deployment.
· Excellent knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
· Hands on experience of assembly and test of mechanical assembles.
· Valid passport and willingnessto travel the world and typically in Europe, America and China.
· Experience designing for applications with 6-axis, parallel and SCARA robots.
· Understanding of PLC programming.
· Understanding of electrical principles.
· Understanding of the Machinery Directive and machine safety principles.
Candidates must be able to show examples of previous work during the interview process.
Candidates must be prepared to answer technical questions as part of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
Interviews will be staged, starting with a remote interview and then progressing to an on site (socially distanced) interview before selection is made.
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Company: Peacock Technology Ltd.
Company Location: Stirling