Senior Java Developer Job at BPA Technologies ltd in London
BPA Technologies is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK. We will never send your CV without your permission. We offer the very best services in our field. We never settle for second best and always have your satisfaction as our top priority. It’s who we are and we are proud of it.
- You will be a valued and important member of successful Kanban team, equally responsible for the quality of the software that’s produced.
- You will be actively supporting the team to translate the User Stories into code.
- You will be accountable for ensuring that your tasks are owned and visible throughout the development lifecycle where your high-quality deliverables are integrated with the other artifacts in the team.
- You are expected to educate the team on new technologies, automated testing and documentation and feel proud about the team achievements.
About your responsibilities
- Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the team deliverables and quality.
- Heavily contribute to the code base (This is a 100% hands-on code design and coding role)
- Work closely with other software engineering teams and business stakeholders to develop our internal and external web applications
- Promote good software engineering practices (e.g. test-driven development, performance in design, self-healing solutions)
- Maintain and improve development methodologies and best practice.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in related technology arenas that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
Required Skills and experience
- Experience of Java development tools (JDK) and technologies.
- Must have in-depth knowledge on core JAVA including new feature like LAMBDA, Concurrencies, String manipulations, Collections, Network etc.
- Experience of developing highly performant, multi-threaded algorithms and memory profiling will be an additive advantage.
- Experience in software engineering technologies such as Java, Spring, grpc, MySQL
- Experience in enterprise applications/tools like Redis, Messaging Queue, AWS services
- Strong development exposure – full knowledge and experience of development life cycle
- Must be driven and focused on problem identification and resolution
- Experience of using code management tools – ideally Git, SVN
- Experience of using TDD and/or automation tools JUnit, DBUnit and other automated test frameworks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £44,122.00-£65,000.00 per year
- Java: 7 years (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: BPA Technologies ltd
Company Location: London