Senior Healthcare Professional (Cheshire Police) Job at Mitie in Middlewich, Cheshire
Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedic who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership 12 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending.
Our teams are developed with accredited training and career path opportunities in a trailblazing “Nurse Led” service.
We deliver 1st class forensic medical services into police custody suites across the UK and are looking for exceptional people to join our teams.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
The primary responsibility is to lead a team of HCPs providing assessments and care for detainees, victims and staff in Police Custody Suites and in the Force area. You will have management responsibilities for the Healthcare Professionals ensuring they are appraised and supervised.
To work as part of an integrated team with the Clinical Lead, Senior HCPs, HCPs and Contract Manager ensuring that services are delivered to the required standards, in accordance with the specific needs of the Force, and ensuring that local processes comply with national clinical governance standards.
As a Senior HCP you must be flexible and committed, providing rota cover as required.
The role includes, but not limited to:
- Conducting reviews and appraisals for your team of Healthcare Professionals as required.
- Providing governance advice and support for team members in accordance with company policy
- Organising rotas and ensure the service is provided at all times in accordance with contractual requirements whilst working as an operational Healthcare Professional as part of the normal 24/7 shift rota.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Custody Officers, investigating officers and individuals where required.
- Developing and maintaining effective working practices with external healthcare providers, such as the ambulance services, mental health teams and drug and alcohol services.
- Keeping accurate and complete records of the Healthcare Professional Team working hours, annual leave and sickness and ensure reporting requirements are achieved.
- Managing Care + Custody local pharmacy procedures in liaison with the Clinical Lead.
- Becoming a licentiate member of the FFLM and undertaking other role training and development as required.
- Registered General Nurse (or dual qualified RGN/RMN) / Paramedic with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualifying service
- Custody/Forensic or equivalent experience required
- Full membership of the either NMC or HCPC
- Unplanned Care experience
- Ability to work autonomously and within a wider team
- Strong decision-making skills
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- A full UK driving license (manual only)
- Willingness to develop skillset with forensic training
- Flexibility to move across sites as required
- There is a requirement to undergo Licentiate exams, working at Masters Level (further information to be discussed at interview).
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- On-going professional development accredited by Teesside University
- Forensic Licentiate for career progression
- Structured career development in a people-centred company
- Fast track opportunities for exceptional team members
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- A huge benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
Company Location: Middlewich, Cheshire