Senior Healthcare Assistant Job at Priory Group – in Glasgow
Minimum 2 years as a Healthcare Assistant in a similar environment.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.
Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Prepared to take on additional responsibilities subject to service need and competence achievement such as Phlebotomy
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products, not medicines.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
Hours of work will be averaged at 37.5 hrs per week:
Week 1: 4 Shifts
Week 2: 3 Shifts
Week 3: 3 Shifts
Week 4: 3 Shifts
Shifts will be rotational across days and nights.
As an independent Acute Psychiatric Hospital we can offer you the opportunity to develop your skills in a supportive environment. We are committed to providing training opportunities for staff at all levels and actively encourage professional development. Staff are supported by means of regular clinical supervision.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for PVG Scheme Membership from Disclosure Scotland. Further information can be obtained from www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Company: Priory Group –
Company Location: Glasgow