Senior Finance Manager – JID 9754 Job at Spinwell Global in Wirral
- Role: Senior Finance Manager – REF RQ406197
- Contracting Authority: Wirral MBC
- Contract Length: 07/12/2020 – 28/02/2021
- Location: Wirral
- IR35: In Scope
- Salary: £38.49 per hour
Lead a solution-focussed, innovative, financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes, in order to ensure value for money for the public purse.
Current Member of Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies/Chartered Institute of Management Accounting and demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to think and act strategically across and outside organisational boundaries.
- Able to drive change through others.
- Able to initiate, develop and sustain successful partnership working, across the Council, ensuring the collaboration required to achieve shared results.
- Able to inspire others with a compelling vision of the future, engage others in that future and motivate them to make the required contribution.
- Able to be a key Business Management advocate for change and have the personal courage and resilience to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty and conflicting demands.
- Programme and project management skills to ensure benefits realisation can be captured, delivered and measured.
- High level of interpersonal and influencing skills to develop sustainable and beneficial relationships with stakeholders.
- High levels of judgement so that programmes are appropriate and achievable meeting the objectives of the Council.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities of high performing teams delivering to business plan targets.
- An ability to work proactively and independently to deliver successful investment and income generating opportunities.
- Experience in leadership and staff management at a senior level. Demonstrate personal and professional credibility to work with a range of stakeholders including Chief Officers, elected members and members of the public.
- Working to multiple, conflicting demands and priorities to seize and assess new opportunities and turn them into deliverables.
- Adequate financial acumen to assess and manage risks to ensure informed decisions can be made and to maximise opportunities for the Council.
- High levels of commercial awareness, demonstrating an understanding of the changing face of the public sector.
- Demonstrable successful delivery of ambitious programmes that have delivered financial benefits.
- Demonstrable financial modelling and analysis including risk management techniques.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £38.49 per hour
Company: Spinwell Global
Company Location: Wirral