Senior Finance Business Partner – JID 9756 Job at Spinwell Global in Wirral
- Role: Senior Finance Business Partner – REF RQ406199
- Contracting Authority: Wirral MBC
- Contract Length: 07/12/2020 – 01/02/2021
- Location: Wirral – Currently working remotely
- IR35: In Scope
- Salary: £30.25 per hour
To contribute to a solution-focussed, innovative, financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes, in order to ensure value for money for the public purse. To ensure the provision of professional and evidence-based management information to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners. To ensure a commercial ethos is embedded across the council so that any decision taken is done so following an assessment of commercial viability and opportunity. To provide a proactive customer focussed team that supports the achievement of the Council and its partners’ long-term vision.
- Current Member of a CCAB member body or CIMA and demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Experienced in a relevant financial role
- Experienced in leadership and staff management at a senior level
- Able to think and act strategically across and outside organisational boundaries
- Able to drive change through others
- Able to initiate, develop and sustain successful partnership working, across the Council, ensuring the collaboration required to achieve shared results
- Able to inspire others with a compelling vision of the future, engage others in that future and motivate them to make the required contribution
- Able to be a key Business Management advocate for change and have the personal courage and resilience to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure
- Demonstrate personal and professional credibility to work with a range of stakeholders including Chief Officers, elected members and members of the public
- An ability to work quickly and under pressures to seize and assess new opportunities and turn them into deliverables
- Adequate financial acumen to assess and manage risks to ensure informed decisions can be made and to maximise opportunities for the Council
- High level of interpersonal and influencing skills to develop sustainable and beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Programme and project management skills to ensure benefits realisation can be captured, delivered and measured.
- Sound professional judgement so that programmes are appropriate and achievable in meeting the objectives of the Council.
- Demonstrable leadership qualities of high performing teams delivering to business plan targets
- An ability to work proactively and independently at times
- Commercial awareness, demonstrating an understanding of the changing face of the public sector
- Financial modelling and analysis including risk management techniques
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £30.25 per hour
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Spinwell Global
Company Location: Wirral