Senior Clinical Pharmacist Job at Core Prescribing Solutions in Aylesbury Vale
This is an exciting opportunity to join our progressive team as a senior clinical pharmacist working across a primary care network (PCN) in Aylesbury Vale for multiple GP practices.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated pharmacist to join our team of PCN based pharmacists and will have access to peer support and development opportunities as part of our MDT.
You will be a great team player, but capable of independent and autonomous work.
You will provide supervision and mentorship to the appointed clinical pharmacists working across the PCN GP Practices.
The post holder will be an experienced pharmacist, who acts within their professional boundaries, to develop, and work within a team of pharmacists within the PCN. They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team taking responsibility for areas of chronic disease management and undertake clinical medication reviews.
The successful candidate will be required to enrol on the CPPE primary care pathway which will be fully funded or we may apply for an exemption if you are suitably qualified.
Previous practice experience and independent prescribing qualification are essential requirements.
Salary negotiable and can be discussed further if you are selected for interview.
Please submit your CV if you are interested in the role.
Key duties include but not limited to: (full job spec can be provided to candidates selected for interview)
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide support to general practice staff and will help support the repeat prescriptions system, deal with acute prescription requests and medicines reconciliation. The post holder will provide clinical leadership on medicines optimisation and quality improvement and manage some aspects of the quality and outcomes framework and enhanced services. The role is pivotal to improving the quality of care and operational efficiencies so requires motivation and passion to deliver excellent service within general practice and PCNs.
- To contribute to improve health outcomes in long term conditions as a member of the multidisciplinary primary care team
- Monitor and manage the effectiveness of the Clinical Pharmacists’ activities in the Practices
- Ensure optimum benefit for prescribed medication through high levels of compliance and concordance achieved by support for the patient and carers
- Provide professional input to PCN Practice teams and network multidisciplinary teams working to improve patient outcomes and reduce avoidable admission to hospital
- Liaise across providers to ensure accurate and effective medication management
- Provide direct care to patients with long term conditions, minor ailments and other clinical areas within the scope of practice
- Support the care of complex patients in their own homes or in nursing or residential accommodation as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Provide professional leadership on matters relating to medicines optimisation and quality improvement
- Lead on the prescribing domains of the Quality & Outcome Framework (QoF)
- Lead on the prescribing domains of the Consolidated Funding Framework (CFF)
- To provide specialist knowledge and advice on pharmaceutical matters, including cost-effective prescribing and clinical guidelines for disease treatment, and to also provide evidence-based education and training for colleagues in partnership with the practices
- Reviewing patient’s acute medicines requests
- Complete discharge and clinic letters
- To provide advice and support for patients with self-limiting conditions
- To work to improve communication about medication-related issues between the practice and other care providers
- To lead on implementation of safe and efficient repeat prescribing systems
- To support PCN and practice achievement of key Impact and Investment Fund and QOF targets as required
- To fulfil the requirements of the PCN DES and
- To provide structured medication reviews for care home patients and other patients specified in the PCN DES, and cooperation and collaboration with other PCN pharmacists and members to fulfil the DES requirements.
This job description is not exhaustive and duties may vary with the requirements of the GP Practices. Please read the job description attached for the full details of the post.
- Undergraduate degree in pharmacy and registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Hold an independent prescribing qualification
- Qualified or enrolled on CPPE Clinical Pharmacist Training pathway (although this will be offered as part of the role
- Clinical diploma
- Minimum 2 years GP practice pharmacist experience
- Experience in supporting common acute and long-term conditions
- Experience in working in or with a care home setting in the capacity of providing patient-centred medicines optimisation support
- Knowledge and awareness of legal, ethical, professional and organisational policies/procedures relevant to the role
- Knowledge and understanding of Primary Care Network arrangements
- Knowledge, awareness and experience of brief intervention and referral pathways that provide opportunistic advice and support for preventable illness and/or long-term conditions receptive to lifestyle/pharmacological support
- Strong clinical leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply effective clinical judgement in the prioritisation and decision-making aspects of the role
Reference ID: CPS/Aylesbury Vale
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Pharmacist: 2 years (Required)
Company: Core Prescribing Solutions
Company Location: Aylesbury Vale