Senior Care Assistant Job at Rosewood Manor in Market Harborough
Rosewood Manor are seeking Senior Care Assistants to work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest of standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individuals rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
This role is 42 hours a week.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual)
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such a Health and Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of infection control.
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individuals care plans of each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating t the care needs of the resident
- To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes to a residents’ condition to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents’ records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the residents permission) undertaking light duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
- to be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meeting, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Supervision meeting with Line Managers every 2 months
- Mandatory training is up to date
- Completion of NVQ3 in Direct Care within 1 year of taking up post
- Results and feedback from Home inspections and audit reports (internal and external)
- Experience of working in a caring environment
- NVQ2 in Direct Care
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- A strong team worker
- Supervisory/leadership skills
- Supportive and patient
- Reliable and punctual
- Willingness to develop new skills (to NVQ 3)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.75 per hour
Company: Rosewood Manor
Company Location: Market Harborough