Sales Planning / Customer Support Job at Altron Communications Equipment Ltd in Ammanford
Who we are:
The UK’s leading manufacturer of CCTV camera mounting equipment. We design, manufacture and supply our wide and varied product range, from our base in Capel Hendre, near Swansea at the end of the M4 in South Wales. Most of our processes are in house; we laser-cut, press, fabricate, weld and also powder coat, along with the assembly and distribution of our products, throughout the UK and Worldwide.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic person to join our successful team. Based in a busy sales office this role involves the weekly planning of customer deliveries on both Company vehicles and via subcontractors within a set time frame. Providing a point of contact for our customers and maintaining a high level of customer service at all time.
In addition to this the successful candidate will also be required take general sales calls for the UK market and prepare sales quotations when necessary. In order to do this they will need to develop an understanding of our extensive product range so that they are able to advise our customers on the correct product for each application. Therefore a practical background, having previously worked in a manufacturing company or with building/civils products or building supplies and the ability to understand and relay technical information is advantageous
Key responsibilities will include : –
- To carry out weekly planning of deliveries on both Company vehicles and via subcontractors. Planning within the defined time frames and procedures. Written and verbal close communication with customers, regularly updating transport and production with priorities.
- Conducting forward planning of major order deliveries in co-ordination with Transport Supervisor, with appropriate updates and communication with other departments.
- To administer and monitor all necessary documentation, regularly updating the Company in house order processing system, and providing relevant reports and information as prescribed and as necessary from time to time
- As required, take general sales calls for the UK market and prepare sales quotations when necessary.
Knowledge – Skills – Experience
- Experience of working within a busy office environment.
- Excellent accuracy is essential with an obsession for detail and ability to focus on understanding and processing large amounts of detail accurately and with the right conclusions.
- The ability to work closely, quickly and effectively within prescribed timeframes.
- A good appreciation for Technical aspects is also important, since the product range is large and varied and must be completely understood in order to be able to offer the correct support and advice to customers.
- Excellent communication and IT skills
Position: Full Time – 40 hrs per week Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Altron Communications Equipment Ltd
Company Location: Ammanford