Sales Executive Job at Portals Paper Ltd – in Basingstoke
We have a great opportunity to work in the paper industry for a business that has been reborn. Our customers are pretty unique and the products we sell are really cool (you will never look at a passport or a banknote the same again).
At Portals, people are at the heart of our business and we want to look after our exceptional team. This is why we offer a competitive employee benefit package including:
- A competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays. You can also purchase or sell an extra 5 days holiday as part of a salary sacrifice arrangement.
- Pension scheme which offers an employer contribution of up to 9% of salary
- Life assurance of four times your basic salary
- 24/7 Employee assistance programme
- £500 Refer a friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shopping discount card
At Portals we deliver exceptional performance by driving innovation and change, working with pace and a positive attitude. Our values underpin everything we do here at Portals.
We are looking for the right candidate to develop within the sales and commercial environment at Portals. You will be excited by the prospect of international and domestic travel. You can choose whether to be based from our Overton or Bathford sites and will be happy to regularly travel between our sites (min one day per week). Our Sales Executive will be a sales driven, inquisitive, enthusiastic individual who has a willingness to learn the highly technical side of the role too. If you are aligned with our vision and have the experience to succeed in the role below, we would love to hear from you.
The purpose of this role is to support the sales of Portals security paper products within the Identity and Security Documents sector, largely focussing on commercial printers.
This role is carried out in close collaboration with the Sales and Commercial teams.
Please be aware, this role involves regular domestic and international travel.
This role can be based from our Bathford or Overton office, with regular travel between the two sites (i.e. minimum one day a week on the other site)
- Visiting customers globally to develop and maintain their accounts.
- International and domestic travel required. International travel approximately, 4-5 times a year but dependent on customer requirements.
- Develop and agree with the Managing Director and Regional Director, the sales targets and sales pipeline.
- Sound technical knowledge/ actively working with the New Product Introduction Manager to manage product enquiries and orders alongside Portals capabilities.
- Achieve sales targets: Ensure achievement of targets for sales revenue, order receipt and cash flow
- Develop and maintain close relations with the customer to enable accurate positioning and forecasting of customer requirements
- Develop an understanding of market conditions and pricing history for the customer in order to be able to price jobs and/or make recommendations to meet annual targets for contribution and group strategy to increase margins
- Manage the pipeline and reporting for your customers, ensuring timely movement of opportunities through pipeline to successful conclusion
- Build and manage strong relationships both with the customer and throughout the Portals organisation to enable first class account management by leveraging internal resources
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the organisation to support the mobilisation of resources when opportunities become orders
- Creating and implementing growth strategy plans for each account.
- Attaining and using technical knowledge to steer opportunities and customer needs to align with Portals portfolio and objectives.
- Contribute to the sales and operations management review with the business process team.
- Contribute to accurate forecast management.
- Provide Product Marketing with market intelligence on customers and competitor activity in a timely manner
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to communicate and present well at a customer, management and technical level
- Flexibility and creative approach to the development of sales opportunities and solutions
- Self-motivated and hard-working, focussed and a driven ‘doer’
- A strong desire to learn
- Problem solving ability, being able to think outside the box to seek a solution
- Ability to understand the broad strategy and brand objectives of major corporations
- Accurate and efficient leadership in progressing enquiries, quotations, pricing, orders and delivery of our products to our customers
- Ability to attain and use technical knowledge to steer opportunities and customer needs to align with Portals portfolio
- Language skills are an advantage, but not essential
- Experience within the security document industry is an advantage, but not essential
- Educated to A Level or equivalent with additional relevant education an advantage
- Driving license desirable given need to travel between Portals sites
Reference ID: RR 389
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
First/telephone interviews virtual. Masks, gloves & sanitiser provided, social distancing, restrictions in meeting rooms, Teams meetings and as little face-to-face contact as possible.
- Driving License (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Portals Paper Ltd –
Company Location: Basingstoke