Room Leader – Toddler Room Job at Puddle Jumpers Nursery in Canary Wharf
We are a new forward thinking nursery with a wonderful ethos and child-led approach. We continue to grow our staff team and currently have various Room Leader positions available. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who really wants to make a difference from the start.
At Puddle Jumpers Nursery we aim to deliver a high quality nursery experience where children thrive because they are at the heart of everything we do. We aspire to provide each child with opportunities to develop their individual interests and characteristics, make exceptional progress from the start of their learning journey to when they leave us and ensure they are supported to be inquisitive and confident.
We are situated close to Westferry DLR station.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic with a positive attitude, possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and have the ability to build strong, supportive relationships with children, parents and staff.
Essential Experience & Skills Required:
- CACHE / NNEB/ NVQ level 4 or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ post qualification experience
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a nursery as a room leader
- Excellent people management skills
- Significant and recent experience of working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Room Leader for our Toddler room and Pre-School room. The applicant must want to influence the vision and direction of the nursery. The role requires the individual to hit the ground running and help take the nursery to great heights through quality and innovation. We need bags of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude for this exciting opportunity.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- To play a key role in shaping a vision and direction for the nursery, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on children’s achievement.
- Manage delegated aspects of the nursery’s activities in accordance with policies and practice, under the overall direction of the management team.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of staff and support the interviewing and appointing staff.
- To inspire, motivate and influence staff, demonstrated through role modelling and actively promoting strong reflective practice by staff that is underpinned by a range of early year’s theoretical frameworks.
- To contribute to staff development by undertaking effective support, supervision and appraisal and ensure staff maintain high professional standards.
- To take overall responsibility for leading and implementing the curriculum planning, providing support, guidance and mentoring for staff, to ensure that the planning fully enables all children to reach their full potential
- Ensure children are provided with a safe, caring and stimulating environment in accordance with local authority and Ofsted requirements and ensure staff work within the parameters of safeguarding children.
- To carry out high quality observations, planning and assessments using the EYFS development matters bandings, identifying next steps for children’s learning. Ensure children’s files are kept up to date and regular reports are completed to ensure effective communication with colleagues and parents
- To work in partnership with parents, and ensure that other staff foster and develop good relationships, and actively involve them in all aspects of their children’s care and learning both within the setting and at home
- To work in partnership with internal and external professionals and agencies to ensure key information is shared to support the needs of the children and families within the setting
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
Company: Puddle Jumpers Nursery
Company Location: Canary Wharf