Room Leader (1 year maternity cover) Job at TOSN in Oxford
Qualifications: Level 3 or above
Job Type: 40 hrs per week, all year round
Application deadline: 31st December
Purpose of Post
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within your area.
- To provide a high quality, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
- To supervise, lead, support and inspire your team members
- To implement, monitor and review routines and procedures.
- To co-ordinate and support their team in developing and delivering a range of activities for children in their care. This will include overseeing and contributing to planning for children’s interests and next steps to support progression.
- To ensure then that the elements of observation and assessment are implemented e.g. Starting with the child, observe (look, listen, note), plan (think and share), play and learn together, observe (look, listen, note).
- To support your Manager with any tasks delegated to you and with the overall running of the nursery.
Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics
- To be reflective and show a commitment to continuous improvement
- To model and inspire best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS.
- To continue to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to prioritise effectively
- Good time management and organisation skills
- A positive attitude to reflection, review, and re-evaluation.
The Old Station Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. For this post pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
Contract length: 12 months
Application Deadline: 31/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nursery: 3 years (Preferred)
- Childcare Level 3 (Required)
Company Location: Oxford