Retail Sales & Operations Manager Job at Apetito – in Crieff
The Role and the Team
The role of Retail Sales and Operations Manager, is expected to show the passion, energy and commitment to create an exemplar of outstanding performance. They will be an ‘energy giver’ and have the ambition to succeed by delivering outstanding levels of sales growth and profitability.
WFF Crieff is a successful business with a great team. This role will help this business achieve the very best from the team and opportunities available…
- Competitive – you will want to achieve great results!
- Passion for making a real difference in the community
- Believe in our values: delivering exemplar customer service, being food experts and trusted friends to our customers
- Have great leadership potential and a champion of team engagement
- Passion, energy and commitment
- Take ‘ownership’ of the business and feel part of the in-house team
- Set high standards – in customer service, team performance and operational efficiency
- Understand that people must work safely, so we can all go home safely
The Key focus of the Retail Sales & Operations manager is to achieve Top Quartile sales growth and exceed our profit targets. The role includes full P&L responsibility.
Activities in the business include:
- Leadership & Management
- Marketing & CRM activity
- Tele-sales – inbound & outbound calls
- Cold-store – picking of orders
- Delivering orders to customers
- Health & safety
The team in Crieff includes a Logistics Manager, a Marketing Manager, Customer Service Advisors, Customer Service Drivers, Cold-store Pickers and a Field Marketer. Our Business Support Centre is based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire and fellow in-house colleagues are based in other depots around the UK.
It is crucially important that everyone in our team understands our business and believes in our values, which are shared below.
Our team act as ambassadors for the meals we deliver at Wiltshire Farm Foods via the calls we take from all our customers when placing an order. We are dedicated to learning all about the award-winning range we offer to our customers. We pride ourselves in ensuring each customer we speak to is made to feel at ease through the guidance you provide in helping them select the meals that will best suit their needs.
Who We Are
Wiltshire Farm Foods (WFF) have been cooking and delivering delicious frozen meals for over 25 years. We are the UK’s leading home meal delivery service, for a predominately elderly market, with full national coverage across a network of 79 outlets; 20 of which are owned and operated ‘in-house’ by apetito, and the balance operated through franchise businesses.
Wiltshire Farms Foods is part of the apetito group, an award-winning leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
Successfully deliver against sales and profitability targets
Lead and motivate the WFF Crieff team
Improve KPI performance e.g.
o New customer acquisition
o Prospect conversion
o Customer retention
o Operational efficiency / profitability
Maximise the potential of our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
o Inbound / outbound calls
o Marketing letters
o Team training
Create an exemplar with pace & urgency:
o Exemplary customer service
o Local marketing best practice
o Outstanding Healthcare Professional marketing
o High operational standards, including health & safety
o Ensure execution is outstanding
o Manage internal and external communication with apetito and franchisees.
o Participate in quarterly Regional Meetings and Annual Conference as required.
- Ability to deliver sales and profitability targets
- Strong Leadership potential, with the ability to lead and motivate your team
- Experience of people engagement / leading a team of up to 10 people.
- Passion, energy and commitment
- Ambition to succeed
- Empathy to deal with our customers
- Good presentation skills / ability to effectively promote WFF
- Willingness to be ‘hands on’ and support the team in carrying out their roles e.g. tele-sales, driving and field marketing.
- Networking skills – ability to work well with colleagues and franchisees
- Experience of the elderly market – an empathy for our customers
- Retail, care or franchising experience
- Health & Safety training
- Degree or equivalent (not essential)
- CIM Diploma or other marketing qualification
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, proactive and positive outlook, with commercial experience and the tenacity to deliver results. They will be a team player, with proven experience of managing teams, with the ability to manage projects on time and on budget.
- Leading and Supervising
- Provides team members with a clear direction
- Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Working with people
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Persuading and Influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Relating and Networking
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
Company: Apetito –
Company Location: Crieff