Registered Veterinary Nurse EX13 5AX Job at Coombefield Veterinary Hospital in Axminster
Registered Veterinary Nurse required at Coombefield Veterinary Hospital – Axminster, Devon.
We are looking forward to welcoming two Registered Veterinary Nurses to join our team with one full time vacancy and one part time vacancy due to practice growth and a member of our existing team going onto maternity leave. Days and hours of work can be flexible with working alongside an equal share of out of hours duties not exceeding 1:4 weekends and 1 night duty per week. Time off in lieu is given retrospectively.
We are looking for two nurses who are friendly, confident and who can provide exceptional care to our clients and patients alike. We are a very supportive team who will help you ensure high clinical standards are met and confidence is given in assisting and developing our student veterinary nurses.
We are a small animal, 1st Opinion, Tier 3 Veterinary Hospital in Devon. We have 2 operating theatres, self-contained dental suite, imaging suite, separate cattery, kennels and isolation wards with Gold standard ISFM cat friendly accreditation. We also have an internal lab, pharmacy and 5 consult rooms with separate dog and cat waiting areas. Our excellent facilities allow our clinical team to deliver veterinary care with a dedicated focus of providing high clinical standards. This is something we take every opportunity in developing and delivering.
Our values are at the heart of how we build our culture and how we treat each other. By acting and behaving in accordance with our values, we achieve better cooperation, communication and create a more positive working environment.
· We care for animals and people, keep our promises, treat each other with decency and respect.
· We dare to innovate, encourage entrepreneurial thinking and identify opportunities to succeed in a changing world.
· We share knowledge, best practice and make decisions based on trust, dialogue, commitment and engagement.
The successful candidates will be RCVS registered. We are looking for someone who will maintain a high standard of inpatient care, assist with surgical procedures and guide and support student VN’s. The ability to communicate with clients and maintain a high professional standard is essential.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
- 20 days paid holiday not including bank holidays
- £550 CPD allowance per annum
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH1474
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
Company: Coombefield Veterinary Hospital
Company Location: Axminster