Receptionist Job at Muckross Park Hotel & Spa – in Killarney, County Kerry
- To arrive for work on time dressed in full clean uniform, well groomed and presenting a professional appearance to our guests.
- To greet the guests on arrival and at all times in warm, welcoming and friendly manner.
- To check in/out guests effectively ensuring all details are correct.
- To carry out tasks effectively using computerised system.
- To ensure that any additional requirements for guests are offered i.e. dinner reservations, porter etc.
- To ensure that all charges are posted correctly onto room bills.
- To answer switchboard in a warm and welcoming manner and effectively transfer calls to correct extensions.
- To correctly take messages for guests/staff ensuring that date, time, message, to/from and initials are noted.
- Dealing with any guest requests/queries in a polite and attentative manner and reporting any problems to the Duty Manager.
- Balancing of telephone, lounge, restaurant, bars and reception cash at end of each shift.
- The sensible allocation of rooms to customers having viewed all relevant guest requests.
- Maximising all sales opportunities at the desk.
- Dealing with foreign exchange for customers.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Excellent Customer Service skills are required
Experience in HOTSOFT is a distinct advantage
Previous experience in a five star hotel is a distinct advantage
Excellent team player with strong communication skills, you will have a passion for delivering a great customer experience
We provide an excellent working environment for our colleagues; work benefits include a focus on employee wellbeing, healthy menu options when at work, discounts in the hotel on all services and products as well as discounted rates in the iNua Collection Hotels and learning and development opportunities for you.
Company: Muckross Park Hotel & Spa –
Company Location: Killarney, County Kerry