Quality Assurance Tester Job at Ten-25 Software – in Guildford
If you’re a proactive, team-focused QA Tester with a rigorous, methodical approach to testing and a desire to expand your skills within an established software company, we have a great opportunity for you. You’ll have a real passion for learning and delivering excellent customer service, continually looking to develop your skills and play a part in growing a successful business.
We offer remote working and a supportive, service-focused environment where everyone has a voice and an opportunity to contribute at every level of the business. Every member of the team is hands-on, self-motivated and dedicated to delivering excellence. If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to be, please get in touch.
Here at Ten-25 we pride ourselves on being an industry leader in providing cloud-based business software for a range of industries such as the building and trade industry, agricultural, steel and many more. We have built an excellent reputation for quality, responsive service and best-in-class technology solutions.
We are looking for a dynamic QA Tester who will thrive in an environment of finding, tracking and testing all the bugs in our core system. It’s a challenging role but you’ll be working closely with the development and services teams, sharing knowledge, and carrying out detailed and efficient testing processes. You’ll be somebody who has good analytical skills and gets a real kick out of providing solutions to complex problems.
Our journey with Merchanter ERP software continues at a fast pace and if you have the experience that we are looking for, then joining our team could be the start of something magical for us both.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Undertake rigorous reviews of the core system to identify all bugs, whilst tracking and testing solutions.
- Work closely with the development and project delivery teams in analysing any issues which could potentially affect implementation deadlines.
- Produce high-level testing plans and daily testing activities alongside developers and programme delivery team.
- Organise and manage system tests and full documentation prior to release, and continuously improve test processes, procedures, and tools.
- Participate in product and feature design reviews as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- In depth knowledge and relevant skill of Software testing and Quality Assurance experience is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a Mendix RAD platform would be desirable, if not essential, and you must have experience of automated testing tools, alternative technologies within automation, scripting and development language
- Able to assess tasks for the best approach in respect of testing and apply those. throughout the testing process.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with good organisational skills and the ability to deliver within strict timescales is essential.
- Able to effectively communicate and escalate issues, adapting style to suit both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, able to seek information and develop knowledge and skill.
- Previous knowledge or experience of work with Merchants, Wholesalers or Stockists would be ideal. Merchanter is built predominantly for Timber & Builders’ Merchants, Steel Stockists and other specialist merchants.
- Willingness to travel on occasions throughout the UK.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations:
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, setting and maintaining high quality standards and productivity levels.
- Work in a systematic, methodical, and orderly way.
- Consistently achieve project goals.
Writing and reporting:
- Write clearly, logically, succinctly, and correctly, avoiding overly complex language and able to engage and influence.
- Structure information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
- Analyse numerical and verbal data, and all other sources of information.
- Break information into component parts, patterns and relationships and demonstrate correlation between various issues and systems where applicable.
- Probe for further information or greater understanding of a problem to produce optimum workable solutions.
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis.
Learning and researching:
- Rapidly learn new tasks and seek to further own knowledge.
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making; demonstrate a rapid understanding of newly presented information.
- Encourage an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
- Manage knowledge (collect, catalogue, and disseminate knowledge of use to the organisation).
Adapting and responding to change:
- Adapt to changing circumstances and accept new ideas and initiatives.
- Adapt interpersonal style to suit different people or situations.
- Show respect and sensitivity towards cultural and religious differences.
Coping with pressures and setbacks:
- Work productively in a pressurised, fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects.
- Maintains a positive outlook at work and take a proactive, solutions-focused approach.
- Handle criticism well and learn from it to enhance performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
We are working from home, and providing client services remotely via Zoom.
- Do you have experience of working within a Mendix RAD platform?
- Software analysing & testing: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Company: Ten-25 Software –
Company Location: Guildford